Language fallback in Umbraco 7

Hi all,

I'm using Umbraco 7.02. I have a multi language website as follows:

- en-US
      - contact
      - about
    - en-GB
      - contact

Is there a way to make it so if I visit /en-gb/about, it will fallback to the other language?

I read the post here: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/core/general/49262-Is-this-expected-behavior-when-creating-a-localized-site but this only seems to happen on Umbraco 6+

Any help would be brilliant.

Thank you.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 27, 2014 @ 19:37
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Francis

I don't think you can compare what you read about in the linked post to the thing you're after. The subject of the referenced post will work the same way in Umbraco 7. He asks how to avoid it being possible to get content from site A when he requests a page on site B that does not exist but exists on site A. That's done by setting the useDomainPrefixes to true.

If it's not then you can risk having SEO issues as duplicate content, which you don't want to have.

But does en-US and en-GB have seperate domain names? Or what is your setup? And why do you want to make the fallback pages?

/Jan

• Francis 12 posts 43 karma points
    Mar 28, 2014 @ 11:07
    Francis

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the response. Yes, with that post he wanted it the other way round. The issue was, I have a clean install and it won't fall back as he was saying it did.

The structure of the site here will have domain set up like: www.domain.com/en, www.domain.com/en-gb as an example. These are in different site roots. The issue is that the client wants all content in en for example, but in en-GB, only some pages might be different. Instead of having to change each market for the identical pages, they want a way to update one page on en, and it to work on en-GB.

Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft