Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Thomas Enggaard Christensen 24 posts 49 karma points
    Nov 04, 2009 @ 14:39
    Thomas Enggaard Christensen

Member types: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Hi

I am getting the following exception in the member section of the admin interface.

I tried to create a "member type", and when I click the "create" button in the modal window where you type in the name of the member type, then modal closes and the following error appears in the content window of the admin interface:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object. body {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size: .7em;color:black;} p {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;color:black;margin-top: -5px} b {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:bold;color:black;margin-top: -5px} H1 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:18pt;color:red } H2 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:14pt;color:maroon } pre {font-family:"Lucida Console";font-size: .9em} .marker {font-weight: bold; color: black;text-decoration: none;} .version {color: gray;} .error {margin-bottom: 10px;} .expandable { text-decoration:underline; font-weight:bold; color:navy; cursor:hand; }

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       umbraco.controls.ContentTypeControlNew.setupInfoPane() +311
       umbraco.controls.ContentTypeControlNew.OnInit(EventArgs e) +108
       System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +333
       System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +210
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +378

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3603; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3082

I can create member groups just fine. And the member type appears in the treeview on the left side. But when I click it the get the error. I can create members based on the member type though.

Version info:

• Umbraco: 4.0.2.1
    • Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3603; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3082
    • IIS 6
    • Windows 2003 SP2
    • MS SQL 2008

Regards

Thomas Christensen

• Thomas Enggaard Christensen 24 posts 49 karma points
    Nov 04, 2009 @ 14:43
    Thomas Enggaard Christensen

Whoops...

Looks like the forum does not like copy/paste directly from the browser. Please excuse me for the CSS markup in the top of the paste-in of the exception.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft