Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tobias Morf 80 posts 183 karma points
    May 06, 2014 @ 21:21
    Tobias Morf

Recreate index

We have a page with 13'000 nodes.

Sometimes on our staging environment the Multi-Node Tree Pickers doesn't display any nodes anymore. We found no way the get the nodes back - we always have to restore the whole instance from the productive system.

It looks like the systems loses some indexes. Is there a way to recreate the whole site index? (Republish the entire site and deleting the umbraco.config-file doesn’t work)
    Thx for your support!

• MK 429 posts 905 karma points
    May 06, 2014 @ 21:43
    MK

Do you get any errors in the log?

May 06, 2014 @ 21:55
    Tobias Morf

Only "Domain already exists in list (*)"

• Shannon Deminick 1525 posts 5271 karma points MVP 2x
    May 07, 2014 @ 04:14
    Shannon Deminick

I'm not sure this is related to 'Indexes' (which is referring to Lucene/Examine)?

By this "Sometimes on our staging environment the Multi-Node Tree Pickers doesn't display any nodes anymore" do you mean in the back office?

You can rebuild the cache file by deleting the umbraco.config file and then restarting your app (bump web.config).

You can rebuild all Examine indexes by deleting the folder ~/App_Data/TEMP/ExamineIndexes and restarting your app - this will rebuild all indexes during startup.

I'd recommend trying one at a time so you can determine what the problem actually is. Also when these nodes don't display anymore, are you getting any JavaScript errors (you can see these in the dev console in your web browser)

May 07, 2014 @ 11:12
    Tobias Morf

Same behaviour when I deleted the umbraco.config and restarted pool.

After I deleted the ExamineIndexes and restarted the app - I get the following error when I save a node:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: attribute

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: attribute

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: attribute]
       System.Xml.Linq.XAttribute.op_Explicit(XAttribute attribute) +150794
       UmbracoExamine.UmbracoContentIndexer.ReIndexNode(XElement node, String type) +190
       Examine.ExamineManager._ReIndexNode(XElement node, String type, IEnumerable`1 providers) +93
       umbraco.DocumentCacheEventHandler.Invoke(Document sender, DocumentCacheEventArgs e) +0
       umbraco.content.UpdateDocumentCache(Document d) +1032
       umbraco.library.UpdateDocumentCache(Document doc) +134
       umbraco.cms.presentation.editContent.Publish(Object sender, EventArgs e) +407
       System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.OnClick(ImageClickEventArgs e) +134
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +204
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3804

Remark: The "Link to document" displays following error message: "Oops: this document is published but is not in the cache (internal error)"

And yes: The problem is in the back office but without any js errors.

May 07, 2014 @ 11:13
    Shannon Deminick

What version are you using

May 07, 2014 @ 11:14
    Tobias Morf

umbraco v 4.11.5

May 07, 2014 @ 11:43
    Shannon Deminick

I've seen that op_Explicit error before, it's to do with the content xml not containing the correct values. Here's a query with that text on our issue tracker:

http://issues.umbraco.org/issues?q=op_Explicit

Would be worth reading through those to see if any of those fixes relate to you.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft