Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Roger 195 posts 474 karma points
    May 20, 2014 @ 14:40
    Roger

URL Redirecting issue

Hi guys, im having a URL redirect issue if anyone can help me please?

I have a multilingual website with 2 cultures: /en (english) and /cy (welsh)

The main URL for the english version is lovefostering.co.uk and for the welsh version its carumaethu.co.uk

The client wants carumaethu.co.uk to hit the /cy to present the user with the correct language from the correct URL.

I have set up all the bindings in IIS with both domains and if I type in carumaethu.co.uk/cy it all works fine.

My issue is:

How do I send requests from carumaethu.co.uk and www.carumaethu.co.uk to carumaethu.co.uk/cy

Either in IIS or using Umbraco itself.

Many thanks in advance!

• Amir Khan 1282 posts 2739 karma points
    May 20, 2014 @ 15:51
    Amir Khan

Hi Roger! If I'm understanding you correctly, you should be able to right-click on the cy and en nodes and select "Culture and Hostnames" and enter your FQDN in there. Umbraco should take care of the rest!

-Amir

• Roger 195 posts 474 karma points
    May 20, 2014 @ 16:21
    Roger

Thanks Amir, That almost works. hostnames don't seem to support www. and non www.

I have set carumaethu.co.uk in the culture and hostnames. This works great but if you type in www.carumaethu.co.uk It defaults to the english version.

Roger

• Amir Khan 1282 posts 2739 karma points
    May 20, 2014 @ 16:25
    Amir Khan

Ah, you can add both the www and non-www versions to the culture and hostnames settings, or use the following redirect in your urlrewriting.config. I tend to prefer the redirect method to canonicalize the urls.

-Amir

<add name="domainRewrite"
    virtualUrl="http://yourdomain.com/(.*)"
    rewriteUrlParameter="ExcludeFromClientQueryString"
    destinationUrl="http://www.yourdomain.com/$1"
    redirect="Domain"
    redirectMode="Permanent"
    ignoreCase="true" />
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft