Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• nrek 15 posts 36 karma points
    Nov 12, 2009 @ 22:58
    nrek

Checkbox, Radio Buttons in doc2form

What magic do I have to perform to configure RadioButtons and/or Checkbox form field items in doc2form? If the answer is "custom user controls" i'm going to punch this Umbraco install in the face. FYI.

Nov 12, 2009 @ 23:08
    nrek

Alright; I sort of answered my own question, and I'm not happy about how to do this

1. Developer > Data Types

2. Create New

3. (for checkbox) Name it, and select "Render Control" as Checkbox List

4. Save

5. Go back to "Form Name" Document Type under Settings

6. Add you shiny new Data Type to your "tab"

New question; can I change the values? I'm pecking around to find the solution, so if I find the answer to it before someone else does, I'll put what I did here, as I'm finding noob documentation for doc2forms and a lot of things Umbraco are either bottled up in videos you have to pay for, or simply "impossible" to find on google or this forum.

• Niels Hartvig 1951 posts 2391 karma points c-trib
    Nov 12, 2009 @ 23:16
    Niels Hartvig

E-mail me for a free Contour (our Form designer that's being released tomorrow) license, mate. You've been suffering for too long! nh umbraco dk

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Nov 12, 2009 @ 23:23
    Dirk De Grave

Hi nrek,

You seem to have find your own solution! Great! It wasn't too hard, was it?

Can I change the values? Yes and no, you create a new checkbox list datatype, and add some prevalues. you'll be able to select from the list on your document, but won't be able to add new ones, that has to be done through the developer section.

Nothing stops you from creating your own datatype though to make it possible to enter new values/update existing values, even when editing/creating a new document.

noob documentation for doc2form -> Move over to Codeplex and find the 'official' Doc2Form documentation

Hope this helps.

Regards,

/Dirk

Nov 13, 2009 @ 00:53
    nrek

Dirk,

Thank you for your reply; this project needs far too much "non-developer" control of the forms for doc2form is would seem. We're moving to Contour starting tomorrow. I was able to get a few things to cruise on doc2form http://artseps.com/testing-form.aspx but in the end - having the "values" for the created datatypes be numberic ID's and not human-values is awkward & beyond reason for me (for others searching solutions, view the source on the included link to get wtf I'm refering too).

Overall, I ended up liking doc2form for a number of things, until I needed it to do something other than simple input boxes and textareas. The need to create data-types for radio buttons and checkboxes is unreasonable for our clients needs, but might fit the bill for developer-centric form solutions.

E

• MartinB 411 posts 512 karma points
    May 28, 2010 @ 23:27
    MartinB

This helped me alot.

I was very confused about how to make a checkbox item. Now i know, have a beer on me!

Thanks!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft