Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ben 5 posts 36 karma points
    Jun 30, 2014 @ 02:49
    Ben

v4.7.2 - Couldn't find any page with the nodeId ...

Hi,

I have just made some umbraco changes to an existing site and now for any new content I create using the newly created document types all of the urls are set to "#" on publish. On top of this if I look in the umbraco log table in the database I can see the error

Couldn't find any page with the nodeId = 3693. This is most likely caused by the page isn't published!  Parameter name: nodeId

Where 3693 is the ID of the new node I have created. I have tried republishing the site and removing the umbraco.config cache from disk and letting it be recreated automatically but neither have resolved my issue.

The umbraco version is 4.7.2 and this is the first time that this has happened on any of our umbraco websites.

If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 30, 2014 @ 19:55
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Ben and welcome to our :)

Unfortunately there is a weird bug in Umbraco 4.7.2 that causes this weird behavior. I've seen it before.

Does your document type alias for the newly created document type contain any weird characters?

Usually this issue can be fixed by publishing the affected nodes - If there are child and grandhildren nodes etc. those will need to be republished as well. You need to click the "Save and publish" icon in order to get it to work. But if there is a weird character in the alias you'll need to fix that first.

/Jan

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 30, 2014 @ 19:57
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Ben

I can never remember if this trick is useful for getting rid of this error but try reading this post as well http://www.simonantony.net/knowledge-base/articles/no-document-exists-with-version-umbraco-error/

/Jan

Jul 01, 2014 @ 00:03
    Ben

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your help but unfortunately I was unable to resolve the issue using either of your suggestions above.I have tried republishing the node it and parent nodes and doing a full site republish but have had no success. Also I was unable to find any orphaned revisions using the sql in the link provided so there was nothing for me to remove.

I can reproduce the issue by creating a new blank document type "test" in the root of the document types without adding any new properties additional properties or tabs. Then if I create a new root content node of that type with the name "test123" I get the same result. 

Thanks for your help,

Ben

Jul 01, 2014 @ 01:46
    Ben

Hi,

One of my colleagues has managed to identify the issues as a result of an invalid character that our client entered into an umbraco rich text field. He was able to identify and resolve the invalid character issue by deleting the umbraco config cache and following the instructions at http://www.simonantony.net/knowledge-base/articles/error-republishing-systemxmlxmlexception-hexadecimal-value-0x01-is-an-invalid-character/. By resolving this issue my other issue was automatically resolved.

I hope this helps anyone else suffering from this issue.

Thanks,

Ben

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft