Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• stephanie 52 posts 133 karma points
    Jul 03, 2014 @ 04:14
    stephanie

Help! Need to understand Umbraco Data

I have a site 6.0.3, using Ublogsy, that had some sort of db crash. The hosting company restored all, but there is something wrong with the data in the site, and I don't have much understanding about the entire process from SQL to Umbraco.config to in-memory. Here is what I'm seeing:

There's a list of "latest posts" in the ublogsy blog, and one of the posts is missing the Title and Body, but the "read on" link points to /someblog/tags/chile.aspx.  The surrounding links are to url's like /someblog/2014/july/02/the-article-I-posted.aspx. It appears that this is a Tag, but it is being captured by the razor template as if it were a post.

When I look in the db, I see tables like umbracoNode, cmsContentXML, cmsDocument, but I don't know how they relate.

I know I've given you very little to help me, but what I really need is an understanding of how the data is stored in the db, and if I spot an inconsistency, how I can manually fix it. I'm afraid to change the parent node of this item because I have no idea what that will do to the rest of the data. As well, I'd be happy to delete something. But, I have no idea what would happen if I did. And in case I didn't say it, these nodes do not show up on the admin side of umbraco. In the blog, I can't find any nodes with that info. There was a post that had "Chile" as a tag, but I deleted it and republished. The tag is missing on the blog post as you'd expect, but it's still in the db, and it's still showing up as a "latest post" in the widget.

Any insight here would be appreciated. I've found that Umbraco is sensitive to outages on servers and databases, and appears to leave the data in an inconsistent state. I've had to delete posts in the past to fix errors, as well as republish posts and the entire site when problems occur. I would feel much more comfortable if I understood the data, and I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Steph

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft