Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Scott 95 posts 277 karma points
    Sep 11, 2014 @ 12:40
    Scott

Update like WordPress?

Hi everybody,

Does anyone know if Umbraco has plans regarding an update feature built-in to Umbraco so that when a new version of Umbraco arrives that you can update it directly from the backend interface?

Regards,

Scott

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Sep 11, 2014 @ 12:51
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Scott.

In Umbraco you canĀ“t update it directly from the backend interface. Much is changed, from version 4 to 6 and with the new Umbraco 7 they have changed the backoffice design, and it uses AngularJS

But if you should update an Umbraco installation, here are some documentation on how to do it:

http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/installation/upgrading/general Or if you should upgrade from a specific version to another. http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/installation/upgrading/version-specific

So upgrading a Umbraco installation would be a developer task.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• Scott 95 posts 277 karma points
    Sep 11, 2014 @ 15:01
    Scott

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for your reply.

I reckon that there is currently no such feature, and I understand the complexity of doing this.

I do however hope to see this feature in future releases so that it can be executed from the Umbraco Backend (possibly under the Developer section).

To me it is no longer a nice-to-have but a must-have feature as keeping the system up to date is a most important task.

This in turn also lets the developers actually focus on what is most important, to develop and make the system grow, not updating it which IMHO can be quite tedious. Everything requiring to actually connect to FTP and upload tons of files is tedious.

Well actually it was just a suggestion for future releases, I hope to see this in a roadmap sometime soon.

Thanks again Dennis.

Regards,

Scott

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft