Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• kentiler 76 posts 69 karma points
    Sep 11, 2014 @ 15:40
    kentiler

Migrating Umbraco sites to new web server

Hi,

We have 3 sites that are currently running Umbraco v 4.6.1 (Assembly version: 1.0.4029.25836) on a Windows 2003 Server.  We are finally moving them to a Windows 2012 server, but I'm concerned with upgrading the version of Umbraco.  Everything is working fine, and I've known updated that can cause sites to break.

What would be the recommended migration from one server to another?  Can I do so without updating the version of Umbraco?  Are there any guides that would help with this process?

Thank you for any help you can provide!

--Kent

• Amir Khan 1282 posts 2739 karma points
    Sep 11, 2014 @ 21:05
    Amir Khan

You should be cool moving your Umbraco installations to your new server without upgrading the Umbraco version. I have some umbraco 4.x.x sites running on Windows 2008, SQL Server 2008, IIS7 etc.

Here's the version specific upgrade guide if you do decide to upgrade your Umbraco install: http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/installation/upgrading/version-specific

-Amir

• Simon steed 374 posts 686 karma points
    Sep 16, 2014 @ 14:31
    Simon steed

Yup just copy the files/db over to the new environment, setup the logins for the db, setup IIS and job done - you can always upgrade at a later date but easy to move over initially.

Simon

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft