Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• rsuthar 13 posts 72 karma points
    Sep 19, 2014 @ 19:30
    rsuthar

Save and Publish not working

Hello Umbraco Forum,

We have one site in umbraco 4.5.2. It was working fine till 09/17/2014 and suddenly since yesterday I am not able to save and publish any content, Images or pdf.

I deleted Umbraco.config and restart the site but Issue is still same.

If i do preview of that page I can see changes but when I open site then changes not on that page.

I check UmbracoLog table and found this error.

Error refreshing distributed list: 'System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at umbraco.presentation.cache.dispatcher.LogDispatchNodeError(WebException ex) at umbraco.presentation.cache.dispatcher.InvokeDispatchMethod(DispatchType dispatchType, Guid factoryGuid, Int32 numericId, Guid guidId)'

Please help me to solve this issue. I searched for this error. but didn't get proper reply.

Thank you in advance.

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Sep 19, 2014 @ 19:48
    Nicholas Westby

This can apparently be caused by a permission change. Refer to this thread: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/api-questions/32926-Publish-has-no-effect

Maybe try setting permissions on the website and all descendants. Depending on your version of IIS, this may be "Network Service" or "IIS AppPool\Some Applicaton Pool". If you aren't familiar with that, refer to this: http://www.iis.net/learn/manage/configuring-security/application-pool-identities

• David Peck 687 posts 1863 karma points c-trib
    Aug 16, 2016 @ 10:48
    David Peck

Old post, but in case anyone else is still working on an old system experiencing this issue, I solved this problem by adding IUSR and NETWORK SERVICE read and execute permissions on my site. It already had full permissions for the app pool user but apparently that wasn't enough.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft