Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Steph Kyriakou 7 posts 27 karma points
    Nov 03, 2014 @ 01:02
    Steph Kyriakou

Missing resources in Media Section

Umbraco 6.1.6, Azure Hosted Web (single instance) & DB.

I have developed a large website, which includes a fairly detailed CMS-driven Product Catalogue. The client has been loading product content into the CMS including selecting a number of product images via standard media pickers, (from images they had loaded previously into the media section).

Recently the client reported, that the images in the products have disappeared! And sure enough, I’m can now see a bunch of dead images. Looking at the back office, the content nodes are referencing the previous selected media items via the media pickers as expecting, but those items are no longer in the media section!

The media files are however present on the web server in the /media folder as expected! However accessing them directly via the expected url results displays “The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.”

Any light/suggestions here would be appreciated?
    Is there a way I can re-generate these media section to restore all references?

• Steph Kyriakou 7 posts 27 karma points
    Nov 03, 2014 @ 01:06
    Steph Kyriakou

I guess I should also mention...

a) The client had logically created a product directory structure in the media section which consisted of four top level category folders. Only three out of the four have lost their media, the other one appears unaffected!

b) All other (non-product related) media in the media section (outside the three folders mentioned above) are visible and unaffected.

c) Not sure if this is important, but I’ve notice the unaffected media has lower id’s (<10000) while the missing items in the media section have higher ids (20000’s or 50000’s).  

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft