Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tomas 8 posts 28 karma points
    Dec 18, 2014 @ 16:05
    Tomas

Warning in trace log

Hi all,

Trace log in one of our websites is filled with following warning:

[14] WARN  Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.XmlPublishedCache.PublishedMediaCache - [Thread 35] Dropping property "image" because it does not belong to the content type.

This started after upgrading from 6.1.6 to 6.2.4.

None of our MediaTypes has property "image", cache was cleared and Lucene Indexes rebuilt.

What could be causing this?

Thanks,
    Tomas

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 18, 2014 @ 16:06
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Tomas and welcome to our :)

Have you done any custom integration in the backoffice using the Umbraco API? Or do you make use of a 3rd party package that could be the culprit for instance?

/Jan

Dec 18, 2014 @ 16:29
    Tomas

Hi Jan,

We do have some custom integrations but I really can't see how they would affect this and for media we do not use any 3rd party packages, just MediaService.

And messages are being logged when loading front end of the site.

Tomas

Dec 18, 2014 @ 16:32
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Thomas

What kind of integrations? If you're using MediaService there might be issues if something has changed in the API for some reason for instance...

/Jan

Dec 18, 2014 @ 16:49
    Tomas

We have a tab for DocumentType to display Media items (Images) associated to that content node. In there admins can update properties for those Images but none of the properties are called "image". And there are no event handlers which would add custom field to Lucene index.

Dec 18, 2014 @ 20:21
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Thomas

Yes it does not sound like the culprit.

Do you know if the image was part of a bulk upload? Or was it uploaded on it's own? If it was bulk uploaded then it might be a bug as Kevin suggests in his comment here http://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/razor/57936-TypedMedia-URL-is-empty#comment198785

/Jan

Dec 19, 2014 @ 10:46
    Tomas

Hi Jan,

I could not say if any of images was part of bulk upload.

I traced out it to single line after which log messages are printed.

var umbracoHelper = new UmbracoHelper(UmbracoContext.Current);
    var mediaImage = umbracoHelper.TypedMedia(folder.Id);
    var mediaImages = mediaImage.Children.Where(c => c.DocumentTypeAlias == "Image");

Messages are printed after the last line, but the number of messages does not correspond to number of images.

Tomas

Dec 19, 2014 @ 22:36
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Tomas

Bad frasing on my part - Just want to know if it happens if you bulk upload images - If you try to bulk upload some images now does that then make the error appear immediately after?

Hope this makes sense.

/Jan

Dec 23, 2014 @ 11:36
    Tomas

Hi Jan,

Just tried to upload few images - no warnings.

Tomas

Dec 23, 2014 @ 11:47
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Thomas

That's odd - I'm afraid I'm clueless about what's going on. Hopefully others will be able to point you in the right direction.

/Jan

Dec 23, 2014 @ 12:51
    Tomas

Hi Jan,

I'm looking through Umbraco source of 6.2.4 these are the lines from PublishedMediaCache  (line 476) where message is printed.

I can't get my head around how there can be a property which does not belong to content type.

//loop through remaining values that haven't been applied
    foreach (var i in valueDictionary.Where(x =>
    _keysAdded.Contains(x.Key) == false // not already processed
    && IgnoredKeys.Contains(x.Key) == false)) // not ignorable
    {
        if (i.Key.InvariantStartsWith("__"))
        {
            // no type for that one, dunno how to convert
            IPublishedContentProperty property = new PropertyResult(i.Key, i.Value, Guid.Empty, PropertyResultType.CustomProperty);
            _properties.Add(property);
        }
        else
        {
            // this is a property that does not correspond to anything, ignore and log
            LogHelper.Warn<PublishedMediaCache>("Dropping property \"" + i.Key + "\" because it does not belong to the content type.");
        }
    }
  • Openfield Creative 62 posts 222 karma points
    Dec 23, 2014 @ 18:52
    Openfield Creative

I'm having the same issue but with some added complications. If I go into the media section, I can view a couple of images just fine, but then it will start loading the information for the same image no matter what node I click on. The problem didn't appear until I upgraded from 6.1.6 to 6.2.4.

The only packages I have installed are Contour, ezSearch, and uComponents, but none of those are used in conjunction with the media tree. I have added a few properties to the image media type but none of them are named "image".

Do we know if this bug, whatever it is, is present in previous versions of 6.2. While it would be a bit of a pain, I'm not opposed to rolling back to an older version.

Dec 23, 2014 @ 19:02
    Tomas

Hi Owen,

What I found out that this issue is directly related to Examine's Internal Index because it's flat and contains all properties from all doc types I think there is a bug in Umbraco which pulls property image (maybe because it's same as media type alias) and tries to add it for media item.

Just to be sure do you have any other Document Types with property "image" ?

Tomas

Dec 23, 2014 @ 19:10
    Openfield Creative

Why yes, I do. I have at least one doctype where I use image associated with an upload field. I was trying to find if I had a couple more templates set up that way, but the settings tree started acting up once I had clicked on the doctype that has the image field.

Dec 23, 2014 @ 22:20
    Openfield Creative

So I went through and deleted a doctype I didn't need anymore that contained an image field, and renamed image fields on two other doctypes but the problem still remain. I'm still seeing the warning in the trace log and all of my section trees except for the content tree and contour won't let me view more than two nodes before loading the same node everytime.

I've rebuilt the examine indexes, refreshed the xml cache and republished the entire site.

Dec 24, 2014 @ 00:25
    Tomas

Hi Owen,

This is odd, I'm sure it's related to internal index as message disapeared once I deleted the index and reapeared when I rebuilt it.

Dec 24, 2014 @ 00:36
    Openfield Creative

It appears the issues that the two issues I was having may be unrelated. It's now been more than 2.5 hours since I have seen the warning in the trace log, however, my media tree is still acting up.

Even more strange is that the media tree seems to just fine on our development server despite having the warning in the trace log. I updated .NET on the production server to 4.5 from 4.0 so that the environments would match each other more closely but it doesn't seem to have helped.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft