Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Openfield Creative 62 posts 222 karma points
    Jan 02, 2015 @ 19:59
    Openfield Creative

Strange behavior in section trees

I have a site that I upgraded from 6.1.6 to 6.2.4 and everything seemed to be going fine until I moved from our Dev server to our production server. Now when you go into any of the sections except for Content and Contour, you can click on two nodes and then it will just start loading the same node on each subsequent click. For clarity's sake if you have the following tree:

-folder 1
    --img 1
    --img 2
    --img 3
    -folder 2
    --img 4
    --img 5
    --img 6

I can expand folders by using the arrow but if you were to start viewing node

you click img 1 you get img 1
    you click img 2 you get img 2
    you click img 3 you get img 2
    you click img 4 you get img 2

The trees work just fine on our dev server so I'm fairly certain that there is a difference in server settings somewhere or that there was a problem when restoring the database.

Our dev server is running .NET 4.5 while production was running .NET 4.0. While getting the site up and running on the production server I rant into this issue http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/53820-Could-not-load-file-or-assembly-SystemNetHttp-after-upgrade-to-v-621 and edited the web.config as suggested. After discovering the problem with my trees I installed .NET 4.5 on the production server and reverted the web.config to what it was prior the change made from that thread.

I know this is pretty vague, but I'm hoping someone has run into something similar or can point me in the right direction for figuring out what is causing this.

Thanks,

Owen

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 02, 2015 @ 21:04
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Owen

Do you see any ERROR or WARNING messages in the /app_data/logs file on the production server?

Could you please try doing this

1: Go to /App_Data/TEMP/ and delete the contents of the ClientDependency folder 2: Go to the /config/ClientDepdency.config file and increment the version number 3: Recycle the app pool

Does that help any?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

Jan 02, 2015 @ 21:38
    Openfield Creative

Thanks for the quick response Jan.

I'm getting a several WARNs and Errors

Error returning dictionary item 'Next'. Exception: System.ArgumentException: No key Next exists in dictionary

i get the above for 'submit' and 'previous' as well

and

WARN Trying to access the 'LastLoginDate' property on Umbraco.Core.Models.Member but the umbracoMemberLastLogin property does not exist on the member type so a default value is returned. Ensure that you have a property type with alias: umbracoMemberLastLogin configured on your member type in order to use the 'LastLoginDate' property on the model correctly.

I get the above for 'Comments' 'IsApproved' 'IsLockedOut' 'LastPasswordChangeDate' 'PasswordQuestion' and 'LastLockoutDate'

I'm going to run through the steps that you suggested and I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks again,

Owen

Jan 02, 2015 @ 21:49
    Openfield Creative

Ok, I ran through the three steps and the trees are still exhibiting the same behavior. Checking the tracelog again I don't see any errors or warnings besides what I mentioned in my previous post.

Jan 20, 2015 @ 16:12
    Openfield Creative

I did manage to get this sorted out and it turned out to be something incredibly stupid on my part. Without thinking about the backend I enabled output caching in IIS for aspx pages. The weird behavior was that it was caching the backoffice as well.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 20, 2015 @ 21:15
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Owen

Aaah, yes that can indeed be confusing! Glad you managed to figure it out - Thanks for sharing :)

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft