Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tom Steer 161 posts 596 karma points
    Jan 09, 2015 @ 09:40
    Tom Steer

umbracoSettings file changed

Hello,

I'm just in the process of developing a new Umbraco 7 site and have just noticed the umbracoSettings.config has dramtically changed in a recent release. Does anyone know where things like disabledLogTypes can be configured and the urlReplacing character list has moved to?

Many Thanks,

Tom

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 09, 2015 @ 10:11
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Tom

Yeah it can be a bit confusing, but as it says in the comment at the top of the file a lot of defaults has been set and hence removed from the umbracoSettings.config file - But they can be changed by adding the elements back in there if you need to alter it from the default setting.

You can find the overview here http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/using-umbraco/config-files/umbracoSettings/

There is a header called "Logging" where you will find the information you need to enter in the file manually.

I think that it's really confusing when you're used to be able to see everything in there. But for newcommers it does not have as much impact since it's what they're used to.

Hope this helps :)

/Jan

• Tom Steer 161 posts 596 karma points
    Jan 09, 2015 @ 10:14
    Tom Steer

Brillant thanks Jan, not sure how I managed to miss that comment at the top :( opps

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 09, 2015 @ 10:16
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Tom

Glad I could help - Well I think it's easy enough to miss it. I know I did once I realized a lot was changed and it was not untill I asked Sebastiaan about it that I noticed the comment, which he pointed out for me :D

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft