Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Istvan Pszota 59 posts 191 karma points
    Feb 11, 2015 @ 12:37
    Istvan Pszota

Media section can't load v6.1.6

Hello!

I have many umbraco sites running on my VPS. Suddenly, in one of them the Media section stopped working.

Once i click on the Media section, the root node ('Media') loades, but none of it's child nodes get loaded, i can only see the loading gif.

On the site every image stored in the media displayed without any problem.

In the forum, i saw a solution, that worked for someone (to reregister asp) i did it, but did not helped at all.

In Chrome Console, the following error message appears: /umbraco/webservices/TreeDataService.ashx?rnd=b812f549b5a048d3a2642373ad517174&id=-1&treeType=media&contextMenu=true&isDialog=false&rnd2=17.9 - 500 (Internal Server Error)

The above link shows the following error message when debuging in Chrome:

[Win32Exception (0x80004005): The wait operation timed out]

[SqlException (0x80131904): Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.] System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action1 wrapCloseInAction) +1753346 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action1 wrapCloseInAction) +5295154 System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose) +242 System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady) +1682 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryConsumeMetaData() +59 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.getMetaData() +90 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) +365 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite) +1325 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite) +175 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) +53 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) +134 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +41 System.Data.Common.DbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +10 StackExchange.Profiling.Data.ProfiledDbCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +68 System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader() +12 Umbraco.Core.Persistence.<>c__DisplayClass4.<ExecuteReaderWithRetry>b__3() +98 Umbraco.Core.Persistence.FaultHandling.RetryPolicy.ExecuteAction(Func1 func) +170 Umbraco.Core.Persistence.PetaPocoCommandExtensions.ExecuteReaderWithRetry(IDbCommand command, RetryPolicy cmdRetryPolicy, RetryPolicy conRetryPolicy) +118 Umbraco.Core.Persistence.PetaPocoCommandExtensions.ExecuteReaderWithRetry(IDbCommand command, RetryPolicy retryPolicy) +52 Umbraco.Core.Persistence.PetaPocoCommandExtensions.ExecuteReaderWithRetry(IDbCommand command) +48 Umbraco.Core.Persistence._1c1.MoveNext() +169 System.Collections.Generic.List1..ctor(IEnumerable1 collection) +381 System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList(IEnumerable1 source) +58 Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Database.Fetch(Func3 cb, Sql sql) +126 Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.EntityRepository.GetByQuery(IQuery1 query, Guid objectTypeId) +525 Umbraco.Core.Services.EntityService.GetChildren(Int32 parentId, UmbracoObjectTypes umbracoObjectType) +351 umbraco.cms.presentation.Trees.BaseMediaTree.Render(XmlTree& tree) +512 umbraco.loadMedia.Render(XmlTree& tree) +19 umbraco.presentation.webservices.TreeDataService.LoadTree(TreeRequestParams treeParams) +76 umbraco.presentation.webservices.TreeDataService.GetXmlTree() +156 umbraco.presentation.webservices.TreeDataService.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +123 System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +341 System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +69

No update occured, have not changed anything on the server nor in this umbraco instance. All other umbraco sites running well!

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Many thanks, Istvan

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 11, 2015 @ 12:53
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Istvan

Have you checked that the disk on the webserver is not running out of space?

/Jan

Feb 11, 2015 @ 12:58
    Istvan Pszota

Hi Jan!

The server have plenty free space!

Istvan

Feb 11, 2015 @ 13:03
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Istvan

Ok - How many media nodes do you roughly think exists on the solution? Could a bad node have been uploaded, which could be the cause of it?

/Jan

Feb 11, 2015 @ 13:11
    Istvan Pszota

Hi!

Good question.. :) We do not maintenance the site's content since we released it to our customer.

The Media folder contains 315 subfolder (if that makes any sense).

What do you mean on bad node? Should i delete the last sub folder manually?

Thanks, Istvan

Feb 11, 2015 @ 13:16
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Istvan

Ok, but how many items/nodes are there in the media section in total (including all media types, like folders, images, pdf's etc.).

No, I'm just curious if you knew about what has been uploaded...it could be a character in a file that makes it all break. But it's not something I'm sure about.

/Jan

Feb 11, 2015 @ 13:24
    Istvan Pszota

Hi.

Unfortunately the total number of nodes is unknown. All i can say is that the media folder contains 658files in 315 folders.. The customer can't remember, and as nothing is displayed, i can't check.

Is it possible to check inside the database?

Istvan

Feb 11, 2015 @ 14:43
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Istvan

Ok, the number of files does not sound like a lot so I don't think it's due to performance issues due to many files. It of course also depends how much the file weigh in total but I doubt that's the culprit.

Unfortnately I'm out of ideas right now. But I'll write if something comes to mind. Otherwise there are hopefully some other bright minds in here who can help you out.

Fingers crossed.

/Jan

Feb 11, 2015 @ 14:45
    Istvan Pszota

Hi Jan!

OK, thanks anyway!

May an upgrade would help?

Regards, Istvan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft