Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jennifer Tomlinson 2 posts 22 karma points
    Feb 13, 2015 @ 22:05
    Jennifer Tomlinson

Preventing multiple site-search results

Hi! I'm a new editor / user in Umbraco, and I'm having an issue with site search results. Our company has a general product brochure that we would like to be returned in the site search results whenever someone searches for other product-specific brochures.

I had begun adding this general brochure as a Resource Page in each of our product's Literature Resource Folders, when it occured to me that every one of these might show up in a site search. So I did a quick site search, and, sure enough, I've got a jillion search results for this file. I only put descriptive words in one of the "Description" tabs in the hopes that that might eliminate duplicate results.

I'm not a developer, but we have one I can work with. Is there a way to prevent these dupes, or should we change out strategy for putting this general brochure on the site.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Jennifer

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 14, 2015 @ 11:30
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jennifer and welcome to our :)

It's hard to say since we don't know how you developer implemented search on your site. It can be done in many ways from using a simple 3rd party package to building something customized. No Umbraco solution is done in the same way - It's up to the implementor to decide on the proper approach from project to project. Essentially Umbraco is just their "Framework" to build upon.

So you need to get in touch with the developer and ask him about it.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

• Jennifer Tomlinson 2 posts 22 karma points
    Feb 16, 2015 @ 16:41
    Jennifer Tomlinson

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your quick reply! Yes, that's helpful... I'll follow up with our developer. Have a great day!

Jennifer

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft