Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ciaran Smith 20 posts 101 karma points
    Feb 17, 2015 @ 11:14
    Ciaran Smith

Blogs becoming unpublished when updating my site

Hi,

I am updating my site locally and then pushing the changes to the live site. However, whenever I do this, the most recently published blogs become unpublished and the only way to get them back is to republish the entire site. Any ideas why this is happening or if there is any way to prevent it?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 17, 2015 @ 11:21
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Ciaran

I assume that you're using the same database both locally and live? Then whenever you make changes locally - That means that the changes won't be visible untill the xml cache has been refreshed. The cache is on the file system located in /App_Data/umbraco.config - So whenever you update the site locally you'll need to refresh the cache on the live site. And the other way around.

That means you have two versions of the umbraco.config even though you're using the same DB instance,

When you hit "Republish entire site" the umbraco.config file is updated with the latest changes in the database.

I hope this makes sense.

/Jan

• Ciaran Smith 20 posts 101 karma points
    Feb 17, 2015 @ 16:51
    Ciaran Smith

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the response, yes this makes sense - was hoping there would be a way around it but I guess not!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft