Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jacob Buus 18 posts 38 karma points
    Mar 05, 2015 @ 08:15
    Jacob Buus

Publishing content triggers application_start

Hi guys,

I have a rather disturbing problem with our company's Umbraco setup (We're running Umbraco 4.7.1). We have some code that runs in our ApplicationStart event (in global.asax) - whenever this code runs it's logged out to a physical file. The premise for putting the code in the applicationstart event is that it would only run directly after an app pool recycle and such.

However - when our marketing team publishes pure content from within Umbraco - we get a hit in our log - meaning that Application_Start has been called. I can see in our logs that the app pool has NOT been recycled - so I'm at a loss.

Does any of you guys have any experience with this kind of thing - and could perhaps give me some kind of explanation (or maybe even a fix?)? :)

The problem with Application_Start being triggered is that it rebuilds an index - which requires a lot of resources for a short amount of time (I know, I know... not the ideal place to put this kind of code...) - which isn't all that great when there's a lot of activity on our servers (we're running a 3-server cluster).

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft