Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mark Slade 48 posts 109 karma points
    Mar 11, 2015 @ 20:11
    Mark Slade

Unable to validate data filling up my logs

Hi Guys,

I've got a site that has just recently started to fill up my log files with:-

2015-03-11 13:46:39,848 [11] ERROR Umbraco.Web.Mvc.AdminTokenAuthorizeAttribute - [Thread 31] Failed to format passed in token value System.Web.HttpException (0x80004005): Unable to validate data. at System.Web.Configuration.MachineKeySection.EncryptOrDecryptData(Boolean fEncrypt, Byte[] buf, Byte[] modifier, Int32 start, Int32 length, Boolean useValidationSymAlgo, Boolean useLegacyMode, IVType ivType, Boolean signData) at System.Web.Security.FormsAuthentication.Decrypt(String encryptedTicket) at Umbraco.Core.StringExtensions.DecryptWithMachineKey(String value) at Umbraco.Web.Mvc.AdminTokenAuthorizeAttribute.AuthorizeCore(HttpContextBase httpContext)

I'm getting an entry like this every minute.

Any clues?

Cheers

Mark

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 11, 2015 @ 20:13
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mark

What exact version of Umbraco are you using? Are you making use of any 3rd party packages, doing any 3rd party integration or making use of the Umbraco API to hook into backoffice events or something like that? What changes have been made to the site since this started happening?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

• Mark Slade 48 posts 109 karma points
    Mar 11, 2015 @ 20:17
    Mark Slade

Hi Jan,

Thanks for responding.

We are using 6.2.4. The only addon is uTweets and i've got that running on countless sites. There are no hooks into the backoffice events. And from what I can tell, nothing has changed.

Mark

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft