Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Iona 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jan 08, 2010 @ 19:04
    Iona

Is there a Customer Relationship Management module?

Hi

I'm currently researching CRM's in order to keep track of sales and leads. Is there a umbraco CRM module I can plug in to our Umbraco built site so that new members of the site automatically appear in the CRM, and where members that convert to subcribers get flagged as such.

Heres hoping!

Iona

• Hendy Racher 863 posts 3849 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jan 08, 2010 @ 20:07
    Hendy Racher

Hi Iona,

It's possible to extend MemberTypes in Umbraco, just like you can with DocumentTypes, so you can add property fields for the additional data you'd like to store about a member.

• atze187 160 posts 215 karma points
    Jan 08, 2010 @ 22:39
    atze187

I guess the proper way would be to use a regular crm package (as sugarcrm which has an open-source community edition and some commercial editions or microsoft dynamics crm 4) and track your leads' data within the crm using their webservice interfaces. We're doing that over here with dynamics crm and it works like a charm.

Of course it depends on the size of your business and your needs as this generates quite a lot of work since you would have to customize the crm itself for your business needs and attach umbraco via the webservices, but there are some features (as reporting) you simply cannot afford to implement yourself. Additonally I think that umbraco (or any other cms) is simply not the best place to store such sensitive data.

André

• Iona 2 posts 21 karma points
    Jan 18, 2010 @ 18:04
    Iona

Many thanks for your replies guys.

• ask 28 posts 48 karma points
    Dec 29, 2010 @ 08:54
    ask

hello folks,

how umbraco shall be used as CRM ?

• thomas alive 1 post 71 karma points
    Oct 28, 2015 @ 11:23
    thomas alive

Well i don't know about Umbraco and how CRM will use it but right now i am currently using bpmonline as CRM and will get to know from them about umbraco.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft