Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tim Smith 9 posts 29 karma points
    Jan 09, 2010 @ 18:14
    Tim Smith

doc2form mandatory properties

Hi Y'all,

That's West Yorkshire-ese for all of you! I'm starting up with doc2form and I have a silly issue. I've followed the great tutorial here: http://www.blogfodder.co.uk/post/How-To-Get-doc2form-For-Umbraco.aspx. I create a DocType for my doc2form page. I mark all of the form field properties as mandatory in adding them to the DocType. Now when I use this DocType to create a page and go to publish it, I can't. I get warned that my document is saved but I can't publish the page until all of the form properties are filled out. WTF! I thought the user filled the form out, I just create it! If anybody understands this ramble and can steer me straight, much appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim

• Douglas Robar 3570 posts 4711 karma points MVP ∞ admin c-trib
    Jan 09, 2010 @ 21:57
    Douglas Robar

You are sooooo close, but missed one detail. YOU don't create the pages, doc2form does. Instead, you create a regular page that includes the doc2form macro on it. That page will display the form to website visitors and when they fill out the form (with the mandatory fields) doc2form will create the new pages with the fields on them.

It sounds a bit convoluted until you do it once and then you'll have an 'aha!' moment and it will all make sense.

cheers,
    doug.

• Tim Smith 9 posts 29 karma points
    Jan 10, 2010 @ 10:01
    Tim Smith

Thanks Doug, buy yourself a beer! Thanks for your continued help and support to all of us here on this Forum. It makes umbraco possible.

Regards,

Tim

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft