Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jay Dobson 75 posts 121 karma points
    Mar 23, 2015 @ 18:22
    Jay Dobson

Help configuring Umbraco v7+ as a virtual application within another app

I have an existing application that is a mix of classic ASP and MVC 2.  I would like to get Umbraco working as a virtual app within this MVC 2 app so that I can make some pieces (news, homepage banners, etc.,) configurable by the client.  By itself (an IIS site pointed directly to Umbraco) the Umbraco install works fine.  Within the other app http://localhost/cms/umbraco/ will not allow me to login.  When I enter invalid credentials, Umbraco properly notifies me.  When I login with good credentials, it goes to a white screen and the Network tab in Chrome shows:

/cms/umbraco/ServerVariables?umb__rnd=ad69f654&umb__rnd=undefined.undefined with a 404 status and "You need to login to view this resource."  

So it seems as though the credentials work, but then Umbraco doesn't recognize that I have logged in and within a minute any request I attempt boots me back to the login screen.

This is a .NET 4.0 app with the root site configured as a 4.0 app using MVC 2.  This is in IIS 7.  A coworker of mine says that he has done this before, but can't remember what he had to go through to get it working...so I know it's at least possible.

Has anyone successfully done this?  I'd love to know how.

Jay

EDIT: Preserving log in Chrome's network tab, I see that the PostLogin call successfully authenticates and returns my user's information.  Subsequent successful calls to dashboard.html, umb-header.html, umb-tab.html, umb-tab-view.html and umb-panel.html are made.  After that a call to GetRemainingTimeoutSeconds comes back as 401 Unauthorized.

I have the following cookies:

UMB_UCONTEXT
    XSRF-TOKEN
    XSRF-V

Not sure if that helps.

• MuirisOG 382 posts 1284 karma points
    Apr 10, 2015 @ 19:02
    MuirisOG

I've the same problem. Any help would be appreciated. I can log in locally on the server to the backoffice, but it fails when I browse to it over the network.

• Jay Dobson 75 posts 121 karma points
    Apr 11, 2015 @ 00:48
    Jay Dobson

Hey MuirisOG,

I believe I read somewhere that this is a bug in the newer version.  I made the false assumption that every 7+ version had this bug, but that's not the case.  I went back to 7.0.1 and things worked seamlessly with no extra configuration.

Let me know if this works for you.

Jay

Apr 13, 2015 @ 12:41
    MuirisOG

Thanks Jay,

some people on the Forums say they've used NuGet in VS, so I might give that a try.

I suspect it's either a permissions problem or a pathing issue with the path to GetRemainingTimeoutSeconds.

Version 716 works fine on our test server, so I might stick to that for now.

May 06, 2015 @ 16:07
    MuirisOG

Update:

Just for completeness, I thought I'd explain how my problem was resolved.

I can now log in over the network into the back-office. The problem was resolved by configuring the 'site bindings' correctly in IIS with the correct server name (I also have a second entry, for accessing the site locally), and removing the test entries I set up in the back-office under 'Culture and Hostnames'.

• Prashant 8 posts 78 karma points
    Aug 22, 2016 @ 15:46
    Prashant

Hi Guys,

I have the resembling issue.

I have configured an umbraco 7.3.1 website in IIS successfully and is working fine. Now, i have a requirement to add this Umbraco 7.3.1 Website to be inside a virtual directory converted to application in another parent website (Umbraco 7.3.1). But there is an issue while running that 7.3.1 site as subsite. When i tried to access this site as for example like, Umbraco7.3.1site/Umbraco7.3.1Subsite. We are getting the follwing error.

enter image description here

Please provide your solutions for it, i have wasted almost a week over it.

My route for the 7.3.1 site is: "D:\delete me\UmbNewInstances\Parent" Route for the 7.3.1 subsite is: "D:\delete me\UmbNewInstances\Child"

Let me know if someone wants any input from my side.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft