Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Topic author was deleted

Mar 31, 2015 @ 17:50

NullReferenceException at Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequest.SetInternalRedirectPublishedContent

I'm getting sick and tired of this constant YSOD error:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequest.SetInternalRedirectPublishedContent(IPublishedContent content) +55
       Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequestEngine.FollowInternalRedirects() +926
       Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequestEngine.HandlePublishedContent() +679
       Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequestEngine.FindPublishedContentAndTemplate() +263
       Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequestEngine.PrepareRequest() +118
       Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule.ProcessRequest(HttpContextBase httpContext) +534
       System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +91
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +164

This occurs both in staging @ Azure and locally. I've deleted umbraco.config and republished the site but it does'nt help. Any ideas on what might be wrong?

Running Umbraco 7.2.2. Thanks!

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 31, 2015 @ 21:21
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Viktor

When has this started to happen? Has it been acting like this randomly? Is it a vanilla Umbraco installation? Or does it make use of any 3rd party packages or some custom integrations? Some tweaking of the Umbraco backoffice using the Umbraco API's etc. ?

/Jan

• Comment author was deleted

Apr 01, 2015 @ 08:45

Hi Jan,

This seems to occur when I'm switching the connectionstring (from Prod to Dev) and run the site in staging or locally, it should be enough to rebuild the cache in those instances? It happens almost everytime I do this switch and clear the cache... My feeling (very un-scientific) is that if I rebuild the cache X times  (like just hammering the rebuild button) it will suddenly just work.

No tweaking of the backoffice but I am running uCommerce (latest stable build)

Apr 01, 2015 @ 20:34
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Viktor

When you say rebuild are you then referring to the "Republish entire site" option? Hitting it once should be enough though..

/Jan

Apr 02, 2015 @ 09:07

Yes Republish is the correct word :)

Apr 02, 2015 @ 09:13
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Viktor

Ok, just needed to make sure since it could have been the examine indexes that you tried to rebuild as well.

But you're correct that rebuilding the cache once should be enough...don't know if it will help any to clear the /App_Data/TEMP files first and then recreate the cache? Perhaps also delete the umbraco.config as well before rebuilding.

And perhaps also trying to rebuild the examine indexes as well.

Worth trying out to see if you can make it work so you only need to republish the entire site once - Btw...are you using any kind of caching?

/Jan

Apr 12, 2015 @ 13:53

Hi,

Now I tried to empty the /App_Data/Temp folder aswell as the umbraco.config file and the same issue occurs after republishing. I'm only using outputcache but it's disabled in debug so that can't be it either.

/ Viktor

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft