Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Marc-Olivier Duval 6 posts 26 karma points
    Apr 10, 2015 @ 03:32
    Marc-Olivier Duval

Error in node content after deleting app_data - Umbraco 4.11.3

Hi everybody,

I recently made change in some content node in Umbraco 4.11.3 cms.

I deleted the app_data folder to make sure the change will appear correctly (I always do that).

My problem is that now I got error when i try to view any node content.

I have this error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: Property grosTextePicnic (57) on Content Type Accueil could not be retrieved for Document 1096 on Tab Page Textes Slider. To fix this problem, delete the property and recreate it.

I try delete the property and recreate it but I now have this error for the second property... I don't want to delete and recreate all my property on all my contentType.

All solution found on the internet doesn't work either.

Anyone know how to solve this error?
    Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 10, 2015 @ 05:21
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Marc

It seems that it's a known issue for 4.11.3, since it's been reported here http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-1588 - According to http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-1407 it should be fixed in the release of Umbraco 6.0.x...But it seems like overkill to have to upgrade the solution in order to get rid of this bug.

However the fix is marked as being backwards compatible so it should be possible to apply for the particular version of Umbraco that you're using.

Btw...you don't need to wipe out the entire App_Data folder - Wiping out the umbraco.config from the folder should be enough.

I hope this helps.

/Jan

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 10, 2015 @ 05:22
    Jan Skovgaard

...Btw - What kind of property editor/datatype are you using for this field? And are you making use of any kind of 3rd party packages from, which you're using a certain property editor for this field?

/Jan

Apr 10, 2015 @ 15:25
    Marc-Olivier Duval

Hi Jan,

While searching I found those issues but as you say, it seems overkill to upgrade just to solve this error. Do you know how to fix it for my particular version of umbraco ?

For the field, it is only a textstring and as I know i did not installed any package.

I tried wiping out the umbraco.config from the folder, but I got some problem. I use media picker to select image for some field and they are not apearing on my page when i wipe out this file. I didn't have this problem before, it appear at the same time the bug appear in my umbraco.

I don't know what I am supposed to do to solve this error and it block me for adding new functionnality for my website.

Thanks for your help,

Marc-Olivier

Apr 12, 2015 @ 10:08
    Marc-Olivier Duval

Anyone have a solution to solve this issue? 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft