Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tom Steer 161 posts 596 karma points
    Apr 13, 2015 @ 16:22
    Tom Steer

Client Dependency - Umbraco Upgrade Bug

Hello,

Not sure if this is a bug with the upgrade process or not, so thought I would ask here before logging it as one to see if others have expriecned it.

Basically I had a 7.2 Umbraco site which I've upgraded to 7.2.4 via NuGet and where this use to be in the web.config:

<clientDependency configSource="config\ClientDependency.config" />

It now has this:

<clientDependency>

<!-- Full config documentation is here: https://github.com/Shazwazza/ClientDependency/wiki/Configuration -->

</clientDependency>

Which means it not longer reads from the config file in /config/clientDependency.config.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Cheers,

Tom

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 13, 2015 @ 16:28
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Tom

Hmm, that's odd - Perhaps it's a bug as you mention since on a fresh installation it setup as usual with the first line that you mention. If it's not been reported on the issue tracker already then it might be worth adding it there too.

/Jan

• Tom Steer 161 posts 596 karma points
    Apr 13, 2015 @ 16:31
    Tom Steer

Thanks for confirm it doesn't happen on fresh 7.2.4 Jan :) I will log it and just mention it only seems to happen after an upgrade as I've just checked another site we've upgraded recently and that also has the same issue as the other upgraded site.

Cheers,

Tom

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 13, 2015 @ 16:33
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Tom

Ok...have you tried upgrading manually and see if that's the same story? Just to figure out if there might be some intention behind it that we're not aware of?

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft