• Dmitrij Jazel 86 posts 179 karma points
    Apr 13, 2015 @ 19:48
    Dmitrij Jazel

Parse error Could not load type 'Umbraco.Web.UmbracoApplication' v7.2.4

Hey Guys,

Was playing with Umbraco a bit here, but runned into an error:

http://screencast.com/t/nsq8m1SbNb

I first installed umbraco:

manually created IIS app, with app pool - was working perfectly here...

Than I deleted it from IIS, but kept the app files etc...

Than I decided manually create app in IIS/app pool, used the same hostname.

But eventually runned into the error. Was using V7.2.4

Anyone could please tell me, what can cause this kind of error?

it seems like I am missing something in App pool settings, but I just used default settings that you get when creating new app. http://screencast.com/t/Zf37g4fV

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 13, 2015 @ 19:57
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Dmitri

So when you created the IIS site again...what .NET version is your application pool then using? Is it 4? Looks like it judging from the last screendump but I'm not quite sure - But it should be visible in your "application pool" settings. And is it set to run in integrated or classic mode? It should be running integrated mode.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Apr 13, 2015 @ 20:11
    Dmitrij Jazel

Hi Jan :)

My current settings are exactly ones that you can see in that last screenshot, that is here :) I expand a list a bit here:http://screencast.com/t/025bCVep

I do use newest .Net Framework 4.5.1 and app pool just requires v.4 to be set for it to run 4.5.1

Integrated pipeline ofcourse.

Nothing very strange or quickly noticable, cause I used exactly the same settings last time, when I installed fresh umbraco install. (after using it for a while, I deleted it afterwards).

What about 32bit mode? tryed that, didn't work for me.

Not sure whether I should check anything in web.config or umbraco/settings I just set to render MVC once, and did not do any other changes to any config files.

Apr 13, 2015 @ 20:15
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Dmitrij

Aaah yes, I did not look close enough.

Just wondering if you have tried switching the identity to run "Network Service" rather then "ApplicationPoolIdentity". Does that work?

If not...have any kind of changes been made since the last time you had the site running? Could anything have been deleted by coincidence or something like that?

/Jan

Apr 13, 2015 @ 20:33
    Dmitrij Jazel

Well, nothing special really, it's just my laptop that I used to run this application on.

Really strange, I did try setting "Network Service" aswell, but the same issue persisted.

But in the error code it says: "Source File: /global.asax    Line: ". Anything particular about that?

The only one difference that could think of... that could somehow influence this application (thought I really doubt it's the issue).

App pool usually expects to run Forms application, but I used to run that application in MVC on that application. :-)))

But that is just my guess (please do not laugh :D ) MVC runs just like any other .net application, except it uses routing,

Apr 13, 2015 @ 20:37
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Dmitrij

Well, it should not matter whether the app is running webforms or mvc.

Have you done any windows updates?

/Jan

Apr 13, 2015 @ 20:41
    Dmitrij Jazel

Nope, not really.

"Well, it should not matter whether the app is running webforms or mvc." - totally agree, but I had issue with routing in my head, somehow?

/Dmitrij

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft