Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• John Bailey 2 posts 22 karma points
    Apr 22, 2015 @ 19:30
    John Bailey

Password on one page

Hi,

I really need to get one EPK (electronic press kit) page sorted on my website with a password. Ive got the page up and running with the info on but need to passqord it as it will contain private links to my full music album which im using to get gigs. Ive gone to the admin page, gone to EPK page, clicked actions, clicked public access, created a username and password, selected which page needs to be protected and clicked apply but nothing happens! Could someone help me out with this as it needs sorting fairly urgently.

Thanks In advance,

John

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Apr 22, 2015 @ 19:38
    Dennis Aaen

Hi John and welcome to our :),

Take a look at this guide, how to setup protected area on your website. http://siempresolutions.co.uk/blog/Umbraco_Members_Protected_Area_of_Website

In addition to this, you can also find some videos about the topic on Umbraco TV. http://umbraco.tv/videos/umbraco-v7/content-editor/administrative-content/members/

But to be able to see these videos you need to subscribe to Umbraco TV. you can see the different plans here. http://umbraco.tv/plans-signup/

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• John Bailey 2 posts 22 karma points
    Apr 22, 2015 @ 19:47
    John Bailey

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for your quick reply. Unfortuntely thats way beyond my capabilities. That stuff is a different language to me! Im sure this is an error somewhere as it seems to be a straightforward setup through the umbraco interface. It just doesnt seem to be responding to me clicking update. The screen flashes when I click but nothing is actually updated!

I have someone doing some work on it for me so I might need to ask them to look through the 'matrix' for me!

Thanks again,

John

• Chriztian Steinmeier 2798 posts 8788 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Apr 22, 2015 @ 23:01
    Chriztian Steinmeier

Hi John,

Yeah that stuff puzzled me for weeks too, until I learned that I had to create a "Login" page using some standard ASP.NET controls - so I have something like this (create a new template and paste this in):

<%@ Master Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/umbraco/masterpages/default.master" AutoEventWireup="true" %>
    <script runat="server">
        void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            LogoutLabel.Visible = HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.IsAuthenticated;
        }
    </script>
    <asp:Content ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolderDefault" runat="server"><!DOCTYPE html>
    <html lang="en">
    <head>
        <meta charset="utf-8">
        <title>Login</title>
        <meta name="robots" content="noindex,nofollow">
        <!-- Styles and scripts as needed -->
    </head>
    <body>

<div id="loginform">
    <form runat="server">

<asp:Label ID="LogoutLabel" runat="server" CssClass="logout-title" Text="Hope to see you back soon!" />

<asp:LoginStatus runat="server" ID="VVLoginStatus"
        CssClass="YOU_CAN_ADD_A_CSS_CLASS_HERE"
        LoginText="Log in"
        LogoutText="Log out"
      />

<asp:Login runat="server" ID="VVLogin"
        CssClass="AGAIN_CSS_CLASS_IF_NEEDED"
        RenderOuterTable="True"
        DisplayRememberMe="False"
        FailureText="Wrong username/password"
        LoginButtonText="Login"
        LoginButtonType="Link"
        PasswordLabelText="Password"
        PasswordRequiredErrorMessage="You need to type a password"
        TitleText=""
        InstructionText="Use this form to log in"
        VisibleWhenLoggedIn="False"
        UserNameLabelText="Username"
        UserNameRequiredErrorMessage="Please type your username"
      >
          <InstructionTextStyle CssClass="login-info" />
          <LoginButtonStyle CssClass="login-button" />
      </asp:Login>

</form>  

</div><!-- #loginform -->

</body>
    </html>
    </asp:Content>

You can just use this template on a page, and select that page in the "Public Access" dialog's "Login Page" and "Error Page" properties (after having selected the "Single user protection" option in the first dialog).

/Chriztian

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft