Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Darren Ratcliffe 2 posts 22 karma points
    Apr 28, 2015 @ 14:30
    Darren Ratcliffe

No users have access to manage content (V4)

Hello

We've inherited an Umbraco site from an agency that is no longer operating, and we have mangaed to get the site up and running again.

However, when we log onto ANY admin user on the site, they can see everything but not edit/update anything.

Is there any way we can fix this - not a problem w have seen before.

Thanks

Darren

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 28, 2015 @ 16:18
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Darren and welcome to our :)

It sounds like you don't have the "master" admin user account since you should be able to do everything when logged in with this. But it's possible to setup other "Admin" accounts, which don't have the same level of access as the "master".

But I don't think that there is any other way than to try digging into the database and have a look in the user tables and see if you can reset the password for the master administrator account.

But make sure to make a backup of the database before doing so in case something does not work out as expected.

For inspiration on how to reset the password for the "master" admin account please read through the tips mentioned in this post https://our.umbraco.org/forum/using/ui-questions/4790-ouch-forgot-admin-password-how-to-reset

Hope this helps.

/Jan

• Darren Ratcliffe 2 posts 22 karma points
    May 19, 2015 @ 12:51
    Darren Ratcliffe

Jan

I have only just seen your response - thank you for this, I will give it a try now!

Darren 

• Mike 3 posts 23 karma points
    May 19, 2015 @ 17:24
    Mike

Hi Jan,

I work with Darren and have been looking into this issue today.

We've tried resetting admin passwords and creating users via the database which work fine, we can get access to the backend but unfortunately all of the node trees are empty.

File permissions should be correct for IUSR and Network Service.

After spending some time investigating we've discovered the array returned by /umbraco/webservices/TreeDataService.ashx is empty. On the suggestion of other devs with the same/similar issue we have tried replacing some DLLs - specifically "CookComputing.XmlRpcV2.dll" but with no luck.

The version of Umbraco we're having this problem with is 4.5.2. We've tried looking for this version of Umbraco online to see if we can re-install it but unfortunately it's no longer available so tried overwriting files from similar versions.

We have now restored the site to its original state but still experiencing the issue. Other suggestions we've found online so far haven't helped.

Are you aware of any other potential fixes for this issue?

Many thanks,

Mike

May 20, 2015 @ 09:21
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mike and welcome to our to you too :)

I'm out of ideas of what to try out but in regards to try and re-install 4.5.2...Lee Kellher to the rescue! He has an unoffical archive with old Umbraco versions here http://code.leekelleher.com/umbraco/archive/ - So you should be able to download v4.5.2 from there.

Hope this can help.

/Jan

May 20, 2015 @ 09:43
    Mike

Hi Jan,

Brilliant thank you! We will give it a try today and let you know how we get on.

Many thanks,

Mike

May 20, 2015 @ 10:17
    Mike

Hi Jan,

Re-installing from the archive worked perfectly! Thank you for your help and knowledge of the unofficial archive.

Many thanks,

Mike

May 20, 2015 @ 18:22
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mike

Very happy that I could help you out :) - Remember to mark the issue as solved so others can jump right to the solution if they face the same challenge.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft