Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ryan 35 posts 129 karma points
    May 04, 2015 @ 15:04
    Ryan

Unable to edit user permissions (stuck loading)

Hi All

I'm running Umbraco 6.1.5 on Server 2012 R2 / SQL 2012.  I'm having a weird issue where I can't edit permissions for a specific person under the Users Tab.  When I click on the user permissions for the person it loads, but once I check a box for a specific page it gets stuck loading.

In the browser console I'm seeing:

Uncaught ReferenceError: umbraco is not defined
    Umbraco.Controls.PermissionsEditor._showNodePermissions @ DependencyHandler.axd?s=L3VtYnJhY29fY2xpZW50L0FwcGxpY2F0aW9uL05hbWVzcGFjZU1hbmFnZXIuanM7L3VtYnJhY29…:449
    (anonymous function) @ DependencyHandler.axd?s=L3VtYnJhY29fY2xpZW50L0FwcGxpY2F0aW9uL05hbWVzcGFjZU1hbmFnZXIuanM7L3VtYnJhY29…:449

Something is not loading properly with the Permissions.

I know I can edit the permissions per page in the Content Tab, but it would be extremely tedious due to the site size.  I'd rather change the permissions to cascade through the child pages in the Users Tab.

I tried searching the forums and web, but couldn't find a solution.  Any input on this permissions issue is greatly appreciated.  Thank You.

- Ryan

• Ryan 35 posts 129 karma points
    May 04, 2015 @ 15:43
    Ryan

For anyone with this error.  I did a little more digging and noticed that some of the Ajax JavaScripts weren't loading in the browser console.  I then found this article: https://hlucianojr.wordpress.com/2014/11/07/404-not-found-script-webforms-msajax-microsoftajax-js/

I installed the packages in a blank project, grabbed the "Webforms" folder full of .js files and tossed them in my "Scripts" folder on the live site.  Everything is working now!

I've never had to do this with any previous Umbraco instances, so maybe there was an issue with the install.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft