Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Hiroshi 4 posts 24 karma points
    May 06, 2015 @ 05:28
    Hiroshi

Where would I find the 301 redirection setting set by others?

Hi all

I'm facing a bit confused situation.

I recently downloaded a live website folder and copied on my local computer to get the latest n greatest version.

My current local has a bit different DB structure and quite out dated, so using newly downloaded on local is a must for me.

But strangely, when I start the website on webmatrix, it gets 301 redirected to the current live site(localhost:xxxx to www.mysite.com).

I've checked through web.config and deleted all lines generated by iis's URLRewrite -> still gets redirected

Then tried to swap web.config file with the current local's one -> still gets redirected

When I run the current outdated site, it doesn't get redirected, so I assume the 301 redirection setting is not on web.config.

Could anyone tell me where else the redirection setting would be please?

I remember there was a setting on Umbraco but I thought it was for 302 redirection, not 301; or maybe just my lack of knowledge.

Thanks in advance.

• Urvish 252 posts 776 karma points
    May 06, 2015 @ 07:33
    Urvish

Hi Hiroshi,

There may be chance that someone has written 301 redirection rule in UrlRewrite.config file.

You can find this file in Config folder.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Urvish Mandaliya

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    May 06, 2015 @ 09:26
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Hiroshi,

What you also can check is, if there is assigned a domain on the homepage in the hostname and culture, if there is a domain assigned, e.g mydomain.com the your urls to the pages will be like http://www.mypage.com/page, so please check if there is setup a domain in the hostname and culture, and if try removed it, or change it to localhost.

Remember to republish the entire site, or republish the site, so it effect.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• Hiroshi 4 posts 24 karma points
    May 13, 2015 @ 04:37
    Hiroshi

Thanks both for the suggestions.

It was very strange, I've looked for the places you guys suggested but no luck.

So I though I'd leave it for now and moved onto upgrading Umbraco(had 4.7.0).

For some reasons, the redirection was gone after the Umbraco upgrade, so I'm guessing it might have been something to do with browser/system/server/umbraco cach or something...

Anyway, redirection is all good now, thanks guys.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft