Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gavin Williams 5 posts 86 karma points
    May 14, 2015 @ 15:54
    Gavin Williams

Method not found: Umbraco.Core.Services.RelationService

Have upgraded 6.1.6 site to 6.2.5 but now cannot publish any content. I get this error  MissingMethodException: Umbraco.Core.Services.RelationService Umbraco.Core.Services.ServiceContext.get_RelationService()

Has anyone had this problem on 6.2.5 and more importantly were you able to resolve it?

Many thanks

Gavin

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 14, 2015 @ 20:33
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Gavin

How did you do the upgrade? Could you be missing some files for some reason?

/Jan

May 15, 2015 @ 08:57
    Gavin Williams

Hi Jan. I did the upgrade via nuget. As for missing files it's possible, but the RelationService.ServiceContext is in Umbraco.Core which according to the docs here: https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Reference/Management-v6/Services/RelationService does not contain any method called get_RelationService. I'll grab the 6.2.5 install manually and copy the files in and see if that resolves things. Thanks.

May 18, 2015 @ 11:10
    Gavin Williams

Have managed to fix this. It appears that the nuget package somehow did not get upgraded correctly for reasons unknown. I rolled back the solution and repeated the same upgrade steps again and this time the solution works ok. Very mysterious.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft