Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Fuji Kusaka 2203 posts 4220 karma points
    May 25, 2015 @ 16:03
    Fuji Kusaka

Umbraco Logs

Hi Guys,

Is there a way to disable the umbraco logs or reduce it ? My issue here is it give on increasing and my Sql HD is almost full. 

I have to clean up all the time. There is a proper way of handling this issue ?

Thanks,

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    May 25, 2015 @ 18:57
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Fuji,

You should be able to turn loggin on and off in the UmbracoSettings config file. https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Using-Umbraco/Config-files/umbracoSettings/#Logging

<logging>
        <enableLogging>false</enableLogging>
    </logging>

Please note in v7+ many of these settings are not explicitly contained in the configuration file that is shipped with Umbraco and most of these settings have default values assigned. These default values will be expressed below and you can insert these configuration items in the file to override the defaults.

Another alternative could be looking at the F.A.L.M. Housekeeping package https://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/falm-housekeeping, this package adds a tree node to the developer section with the following tools: One of the tools is Umbraco logs manager: with this tool you can view and delete Umbraco log events.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• Fuji Kusaka 2203 posts 4220 karma points
    May 26, 2015 @ 07:06
    Fuji Kusaka

Hi Denis,

The only thing is Turning it off will mean i will no more be able to make a rollback right ?

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    May 26, 2015 @ 11:28
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Fuji,

Turning of the log, should not have any impact on the rollback feature in Umbraco.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft