Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dave de Moel 122 posts 574 karma points c-trib
    Jul 16, 2015 @ 07:44
    Dave de Moel

[Umbraco 4.11.10] Can't see left side nodes when logged in

Hey guys,

I am having a peculiar problem with Umbraco 4.11.10. When I run the website we have updated from an older version on a local IIS instance I have no problems, the website and Umbraco backend both work as expected.

However, we did a test release, and on the test server, when logging into the Umbraco Backend, the left node fails to load, and after about 30 seconds, Umbraco locks, and I have to reenter the password, which also doesn't work and forces me to relog in, which start the circle all over again.

What can cause this? I am at a loss at the moment.

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jul 16, 2015 @ 08:04
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Dave and welcome to our :-)

To me it could sounds like to permissions issue. Try to see the requirements about the file permissions on file and folder and check if these are set correct.

https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Getting-Started/Setup/Server-Setup/permissions

And also be sure that you are meet the minimum requirements for Umbraco 4.11.10 https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Getting-Started/Setup/Requirements/

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Jul 16, 2015 @ 08:37
    Dave de Moel

Hi Dennis,

I have verified that the server does meet the minimum requirements (also runs Umbraco 7 websites) and all permissions from the link you posted are correctly set up.

Jul 17, 2015 @ 07:26
    Dave de Moel

Have been trying different things by now, like copying the local solution items instead of the published items to see if that would work, bu no luck so far.

It seems to be a permission thing, but I alreayd tried the suggestions made by Dennis, and that didn't work. Anyone else an idea what can cause me to see no content (front-end works fine) in the Umbraco back-end?

I can log in, and even the language settings of different users are used correctly, it is just that no one can see any content, media or settings nodes in the back-end.

Jul 17, 2015 @ 07:59
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Dave,

If you are visit this page on your installation www.yourdomain.com/install/default.aspx?installStep=validatePermissions what does it say to the permissions then.

/Dennis

Jul 17, 2015 @ 08:26
    Dave de Moel

The permissions were fine, however I did find the issue just now.

I had a small mistake in my canonical rewrite rule, that somehow screwed up the loading of the nodes. Now that I have changed the rewrite using IIS itself, it all works.

Jul 17, 2015 @ 08:41
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Dave,

Great that you found the reason why you got a blank contnt tree.

Happy Umbraco coding.

/Dennis

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft