Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Monte D Persinger 9 posts 30 karma points
    Jul 20, 2015 @ 16:47
    Monte D Persinger

Umbraco Admin will not load - spins and spins

Hello looking for some help here,

The Umbraco admin login has quit working. The page will not load. It just spins and spins.

The frontend is fine. No issues at all. The front end loads really fast, all pages work, frontend looks great.

The backend just spins and spins in the browser. I have tried multiple browsers.

No useful error messages. Unknown what would be causing this.

No recent changes to website.

We tried restarting the server. I have seen this happen in the past, and it was a server memory issue, and restarting the server resolved it.

Thanks, Monte

Jul 21, 2015 @ 16:42
    Monte D Persinger

Does anyone have any feedback on this issue? I am still locked out of umbraco admin. It spins and spins and will not load. The frontend works great no issues. Backend will not load, no error messages, no anything.

I have restarted the server.

Is there a troubleshooting guide for umbraco admin loading issues? Or umbraco server troubleshooting steps?

Thanks, Monte

• Joshua Stewart 36 posts 128 karma points c-trib
    Jul 21, 2015 @ 17:02
    Joshua Stewart

There are no errors in the browser console? There should be 8 or so calls to DependencyHandler.axd to load necessary files and display login screen for Umbraco 7.

Jul 21, 2015 @ 17:16
    Monte D Persinger

Sorry I am not sure what you mean by browser console. When I try to load the umbraco admin in my browser it will not load anything.

http://www.healthcarerevenuegroup.com/umbraco/

But the frontend works great. http://www.healthcarerevenuegroup.com/

The website has been live for about 6 months and we have not had any problems with it. It was working normally. No changes have been made to it in 6 weeks. It just randomly quit working.

Thanks

Jul 21, 2015 @ 17:30
    Joshua Stewart

What version of Umbraco are you running? When I try to reach http://www.healthcarerevenuegroup.com/umbraco/ I get the following error in Firebug console:

ReferenceError: UmbClientMgr is not defined

When trying to load the DependencyHandler.axd it throws the following error rather than loading the files need:

Could not parse the URL path: with the format specified: {dependencyId}/{version}/{type}

Here's a link to the call Client Dependency Call

For some reason your ClientDependency files might be messed up. Try deleting the ClientDependency folder in App_Data/Temp/ and recycling the app pool.

You could also try incrementing the clientDependency version in the config/ClientDependency.config file.

• Proxicode 127 posts 323 karma points
    Jul 21, 2015 @ 17:39
    Proxicode

Yep, I think Joshua's answer above is on the right track. I see 2 errors in Chrome's dev console

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)    http://www.healthcarerevenuegroup.com/DependencyHandler.axd?s=L3VtYnJhY28vb…VHJlZU1lbnUvQWN0aW9uTmV3UmVsYXRpb25UeXBlLmpzOw&t=Javascript&cdv=1572568840 

Uncaught ReferenceError: UmbClientMgr is not defined

Jul 21, 2015 @ 18:45
    Monte D Persinger

Thank you for your help. We are in now. But honestly not sure exactly why. We had already been dumping the App_Data/Temp and recycling the app pool for a couple days trying to fix. We are already using the latest clientDependencyCore.dll

In the web config we switched it to debug = true in order to get some more clues as to what the problem is. And the umbraco admin suddenly started working. I guess we need to run it in debug mode.

Thanks, Monte

Jul 21, 2015 @ 18:49
    Joshua Stewart

You're welcome. Switching debug=true has fixed it for others in other posts as well, but that isn't a long term solution. With debug=true it works because the DependencyHandler is skipped and umbraco doesn't do any minification, etc.

Glad you're able to get in now, but hopefully you can discover the root cause so you don't have to leave the site in debug mode.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft