Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Simon Dingley 1470 posts 3427 karma points c-trib
    Jul 21, 2015 @ 20:33
    Simon Dingley

Umbraco 4.6.1 - Unable to login - queries cmsMember table instead of umbracoUser Table

I've been given an Umbraco install which is v4.6.1, I've downloaded fresh Umbraco binaries and the login problem persists. Using a SQL Profiling tool I can see whenever I try to login the following query executes:

exec sp_executesql N'select nodeID from cmsMember where LoginName = @loginName and Password = @password',N'@loginName nvarchar(5),@password nvarchar(28)',@loginName=N'admin',@password=N'd9xnUXsUah9gycu7D0TpRYcx19c='

So, I can't login because for some reason it is querying the cmsMembers table instead of the cmsUsers table.

I know v4.6.1 had a short life but was this an issue or is there something a bit funky with this install that I've not yet uncovered?

Cheers, Simon

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Jul 22, 2015 @ 01:19
    Tom Fulton

Hey Simon,

Just a guess, maybe check umbracoSettings.config and see if you have a DefaultBackofficeProvider configured? Maybe somehow it's set to the wrong connection provider? If not I'd probably start checking your web.config for issues, specifically around <membership>.

-Tom

• Simon Dingley 1470 posts 3427 karma points c-trib
    Jul 22, 2015 @ 07:05
    Simon Dingley

Spot on - well done and thanks. Every day's a school day! In the 7+ years I've been working with Umbraco never once have I used or come across an install that used that setting. This particular install had it set to UmbracoMembershipProvider.

Cheers Tom!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft