Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andrew 32 posts 52 karma points
    Jan 28, 2010 @ 20:24
    Andrew

Upload PDFs to a folder

Hello,

I'm fairly new to Umbraco and I'm having some trouble finding out how to secure some PDF files and only allow certain member groups to view the PDF's.  What I have done before trying Umbraco is to put them in a folder and use wildcard mapping to secure the files.  Is there a way to create a media type for these PDF's that would have an upload data type that I could create which would store all of the PDF's in a single folder inside the  Media folder?  I am not sure how to create this type of uploader and would appreciate any help that you could offer. 

Thanks,

Andrew

• Douglas Robar 3570 posts 4711 karma points MVP ∞ admin c-trib
    Jan 28, 2010 @ 21:06
    Douglas Robar

Welcome to umbraco, Andrew!

There's no built-in way to protect media nodes. But there's a Protected Media project that might be just what you're looking for. http://our.umbraco.org/projects/protected-media

cheers,
    doug.

• Richard Soeteman 4036 posts 12863 karma points MVP
    Mar 25, 2011 @ 10:03
    Richard Soeteman

Just a post for everyone who is interested.

I've just released a media protect package, which allows you to protect media in the same simple way as you protect content in Umbraco. No additional configuration needed. Just install the package and it works.

Check out the projects page for more info and a fully functional trial download.

Cheers,

Richard

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft