Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tom Steer 161 posts 596 karma points
    Aug 05, 2015 @ 08:47
    Tom Steer

UrlAbsolute/UrlWithDomain Issue

Hey!

I'm currently developing a site where I'm using custom routes and virtual content, the virtual content model inherits from PublishedContentModel in which I override the URL property to give my custom route rather than the wrapped contents URL. However when setting the canonical URL meta tag I use the UrlWithDomain() extension but this doesn't seem to use the overridden URL property to base it off. Is this by design or a bug? If by design is there some other method I can use to get this to work by any chance?

Cheers,

Tom

• Hywel Rees 56 posts 224 karma points
    Aug 05, 2015 @ 12:38
    Hywel Rees

Hi Tom,

UrlWithDomain is an extension method of IPublishedContent rather than PublishedContentModel, so will use the original absolute URl instead of your modified one.

UrlWithDomain ultimately does this: return UmbracoContext.Current.UrlProvider.GetUrl(content.Id, true); So a 'fun' way might be to write and inject your own UrlProvider.

A simpler way would be to create a new extension method which observes your url mapping.

Aug 05, 2015 @ 12:41
    Hywel Rees
    Aug 05, 2015 @ 13:11
    Hywel Rees

Also, you will need to register your IUrlProvider implementation, by implementing IApplicationEventHandler.

In my case, I still want the DefaultUrlProvider, so In my OnApplicationStarting method, I would add

UrlProviderResolver.Current.InsertTypeBefore<DefaultUrlProvider, CustomUrlProvider>();

Where CustomUrlProvider is my implementation of IUrlProvider.

:)

• Tom Steer 161 posts 596 karma points
    Aug 05, 2015 @ 14:28
    Tom Steer

Thanks Hywel makes sense now :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft