Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andrew B 22 posts 142 karma points
    Aug 05, 2015 @ 09:12
    Andrew B

New document types not being published

I recently add a new document type to an Umbraco 4.7.0 site. I can create an instance of this new document type in the content tree, populate it and save it, but it cannot be published. On clicking save and publish I am presented with a success notification, but the URL on the node's Properties tab is just #. Attempting to publish a node of this type results in the following being logged in the umbracoLog table:

Couldn't find any page with the nodeId = 105280. This is most likely caused by the page isn't published!  Parameter name: nodeId

The issue is not specific to the nodeId above - I have created other nodes in different parts of the content tree, and each exhibits the same issue. I have checked the cmsContentXml table and there is an entry for the node, but its data is not present in the site's umbraco.config file.

While attempting to resolve this I have tried the following:

• Republish entire site - have done this both with and without the xml=true parameter, neither had any effect
    • Renaming umbraco.config - the site did not attempt to rebuild the umbraco.config file and threw an error
    • Delete and recreate document type - the new document type exhibits the same issue, as have other document types I've created since

Can anyone offer any advice please? Thanks in advance.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft