Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Garrett Fisher 341 posts 496 karma points
    Aug 18, 2015 @ 17:56
    Garrett Fisher

Running Umbraco on MySQL

Hi,

I have never before tried to run Umbraco on MySQL (I am on WIndows 7). I got it installed with no problem using the standardized form fields but now that I am working with the installation I am getting YSOD MySQL errors all over the place even though I am clearly logged in to the admin. I am unable to create a Document Type, for starters. Here is the error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Duplicate entry '0' for key 'PRIMARY'

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Duplicate entry '0' for key 'PRIMARY'

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[MySqlException (0x80004005): Duplicate entry '0' for key 'PRIMARY']
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.OpenPacket() +228
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.ReadResult(UInt64& affectedRows, Int64& lastInsertId) +62
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.GetResultSet() +48
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.NextResult() +461
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +907
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() +43
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(MySqlConnection connection, String commandText, MySqlParameter[] commandParameters) +125
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(String connectionString, String commandText, MySqlParameter[] parms) +75
       umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelpers.MySql.MySqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(String commandText, MySqlParameter[] parameters) +12
       umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteNonQuery(String commandText, IParameter[] parameters) +80

[SqlHelperException: Umbraco Exception (DataLayer): SQL helper exception in ExecuteNonQuery]
       umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteNonQuery(String commandText, IParameter[] parameters) +135
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.CMSNode.MakeNew(Int32 parentId, Guid objectType, Int32 userId, Int32 level, String text, Guid uniqueID) +668
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.DocumentType.MakeNew(User u, String Text) +135
       umbraco.nodetypeTasks.Save() +57
       umbraco.presentation.create.dialogHandler_temp.Create(String NodeType, Int32 TypeId, Int32 NodeId, String Text) +371
       umbraco.cms.presentation.create.controls.nodeType.sbmt_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +211
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +9628722
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +103
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +35
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1724

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.34249

Any help anyone could offer would be greatly appreciate! I can't seem to do anything in the CMS without a YSOD. Can't install packages, etc. Clearly this is something very high level - like a driver I might need or something??? User has every possible permission.

Thanks in advance, Garrett

Aug 18, 2015 @ 19:05
    Garrett Fisher

UPDATE

Now that I am upgrading to 6.0, after copying the files, I am getting this error:

Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider.  It may not be installed.

So there seems to be a pretty serious MySQL/.NET Framework config issue on this machine. How to resolve?

Thanks again, Garrett

• Chriztian Steinmeier 2798 posts 8787 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Aug 18, 2015 @ 22:14
    Chriztian Steinmeier

Hi Garrett,

If I remember correctly, at some point the MySQL stuff started breaking because of something related to upper-/lowercase table- and/or column-names, and most hosting providers not offering the one that Umbraco supported.

You may have a bit of luck going through the Issue Tracker to find some better descriptions as to what's specifically wrong...

Aug 20, 2015 @ 16:05
    Garrett Fisher

Thanks.

Yeah... it seems like there are just TOO many problems to address with this MySQL install so I am going to port the data to SQL Server first and do things that way. Already too many moving parts with a 9-step upgrade path!

Appreciate the help, Chriztian. You're always there for me man <-single tear->.

Regards, Garrett

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft