Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andrew B 22 posts 142 karma points
    Oct 07, 2015 @ 09:48
    Andrew B

TinyMCE failing to load

I have an Umbraco v4.7.2 web site which has suddenly stopped loading the TinyMCE editor for rich text fields, and shows only an empty space instead. I have tested this in Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox and the issue occurs in all of these browsers.

Chrome developer tools indicates that the call to tinymce3tinymceCompress.aspx to load TinyMCE's Javascript fails with a "content decoding failed" error, and attempting to decode the response to this call in Fiddler gives a "magic number in GZip header incorrect" error. I have tried changing IIS' compression settings to disable both static and dynamic compression but the issue persists. There doesn't appear to be any way to disable GZip compression for TinyMCE.

I have also tried redeploying the web site, copying the umbraco and umbraco_client directories from known good web sites, and checking the configuration settings. Nothing has resolved the issue. Has anybody else encountered this issue before, and if so, how did you resolve it?

• Doron Uziel 23 posts 93 karma points
    Aug 01, 2016 @ 07:21
    Doron Uziel

Hi Andrew.

I know this is quite old, but have you been able to solve this?

We are experiencing the same issue for 4.7.2 website that was working perfectly fine up until last week, and then all of a sudden - tinymce3tinymceCompress.aspx hangs at the end of response until it timeouts.

Thanks in advance, Doron

• Andrew B 22 posts 142 karma points
    Aug 01, 2016 @ 09:47
    Andrew B

Hi there Doron,

This occured a while ago now so my memory is a bit rusty, but I believe we found the cause of the issue was that the version of AjaxControlToolkit used by the site had been overwritten with a newer version at some point and it was breaking the rich text editor. After we restored the AjaxControlToolkit DLL to the previous version, the rich text editor started working again.

I hope this helps you!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft