Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Simon Dingley 1470 posts 3427 karma points c-trib
    Oct 27, 2015 @ 10:21
    Simon Dingley

Disable Task Scheduler Completely

This might be a long shot but is it possible to completely disable the Task Scheduler in v6 so that it is not called every 60 seconds? I understand this will prevent scheduled publishing from taking place but that is not needed in this case.

The reason for the request is as a short term fix due to an increasing number of errors being logged in a production site that cannot be immediately upgraded, the logs are being flooded with exceptions like this:

2015-10-27 02:58:16,995 [35] ERROR Umbraco.Web.Scheduling.ScheduledPublishing [(null)] - [Thread 35] An error occurred with the scheduled publishing

System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out
       at System.Net.WebClient.UploadDataInternal(Uri address, String method, Byte[] data, WebRequest& request)
       at System.Net.WebClient.UploadString(Uri address, String method, String data)
       at Umbraco.Web.Scheduling.ScheduledPublishing.Start(ApplicationContext appContext)

Thanks, Simon

Oct 30, 2015 @ 13:54
    Simon Dingley

Still none the wiser but managed to upgrade to v6.2.5 today and so relieved to no longer have my inbox hammered EVERY minute by these errors!

Oct 30, 2015 @ 15:31
    Simon Dingley

I spoke to soon, I just got hammered again! I've now added baseUrl attribute and value to the scheduledTasks node as per

https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/reference/config/umbracosettings/#ScheduledTasks

This has so far stemmed the stream of exceptions again.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft