Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mads William Scharling 2 posts 72 karma points
    Oct 29, 2015 @ 01:29
    Mads William Scharling

Umbraco sends account confirmation email; where is the template it's based on?

Hello there!

A newbie question here; In the Umbraco "Sign-ups" section, one of the possible actions on a record of someone who signed up is "Approve membership", which causes an email to be sent to the person in question informing them that their "account has been activated".

Now, would anyone know where the template file is located that the email text comes from? I have clicked my way around the different sections for hours to no avail.

• Mike Beach 3 posts 51 karma points
    Oct 29, 2015 @ 10:59
    Mike Beach

I'm not sure if it's exactly what you are looking for but if you head to umbraco/config/lang/en.xml (or whatever language you are using) and look at the XML file you will find a couple of inline styled email transactions.

Have a look for <area alias="notifications"> and within that section you have a couple of email notifications.

• Mads William Scharling 2 posts 72 karma points
    Oct 30, 2015 @ 12:26
    Mads William Scharling

Hi Mike, and thank you for the answer! The en.xml file is probably what I'm looking for, but as of yet I'm confined to the Umbraco interface (adding */umbraco to the website address and logging in). So I might not be able to access it?

There's a "Settings" section, which does have a folder called "Languages" with two "files" of sorts saying "English" and "Danish", but if I click either of them, I only get a dropdown menu. In any case, the original problem was that the email notification is in English, but should preferably be in Danish.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft