Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Nov 24, 2015 @ 17:15
    Nicholas Westby

How Many Developers Have Umbraco Experience?

I'm writing a CMS comparison at the moment, and I'm curious if anybody has any idea of roughly how many developers have Umbraco experience (i.e., how many Umbraco developers exist).

Not sure how this could be calculated, but I suspect the number of members on this forum might be a good indicator.

• David Brendel 792 posts 2970 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Nov 25, 2015 @ 07:29
    David Brendel

Hi Nicholas,

on the umbraco.com site there is a list of all certified developers. I think that number is a better indicator then the forum members.

http://umbraco.com/certified-partners/find-a-certified-developer/?group=4.2

Thats the link to Level2 certified ones.

Regards David

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Nov 25, 2015 @ 08:10
    Nicholas Westby

I wouldn't say the number of certified Umbraco developers is a good indicator of the number of Umbraco developers. My random guess is that around 1 in 20 Umbraco developers are certified. Given the 2,000 developers on that list, that puts the estimate around 40,000 Umbraco developers.

Taking another metric, there are about 250,000 Umbraco sites (that statistic may not be up to date, but we don't need exact numbers). That means that 40,000 Umbraco developers would need to have built, on average, 6 or 7 Umbraco sites. That sounds pretty reasonable.

So I'll just say that there are on the order of 40,000 Umbraco developers.

Anybody else have a more reliable estimate?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft