Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Johan Möller 83 posts 137 karma points
    Feb 22, 2010 @ 13:49
    Johan Möller

Image editing module?

Hello, Ive used Umbraco a few times before but i'm now evaluating it for my current employer. To begin with we realy need it to have som sort of image editor when a image is uploaded.

I already know about Imagegen, pixlr and imagecrop. But we need the client to handle it so imagegen is not what we are looking for. Pixlr got the functionality right but we want it inside umbraco. Image crop works but all it does is crop and thats not enough, it shoud atleast be able to crop, resize and rotate.

Is there any module already out there for this? If not: How woud you go about creating one?

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    Feb 22, 2010 @ 22:40
    Aaron Powell

None other than the modules you've listed that I'm aware of.

ImageGen is really your best option

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Feb 22, 2010 @ 22:53
    Kim Andersen

I actually think that the opportunities that we have in Umbraco today is very nice. I'm not aware of any other CMS with those kind of options (I especially think about the Pixlr-package and the image cropper). I use ImageGen in almost all of my projects, though this is also an opportunity in other CMS's such as Sitecore. I also use the Cropper in all of my Umbraco projects.

But the integration to Pixlr, should be a very good sales argument to your employer.

/Kim A

• Johan Möller 83 posts 137 karma points
    Feb 24, 2010 @ 10:54
    Johan Möller

Imagegen is great but it doesnt allow my clients to change images in RTE neither does imagecropper. Pixlr is good but i want somthing simpler when i upload the image in the RTE.

Thanks for your replies :)

Btw resizeing doesnt work in Chrome for me, is this a known bug or is it just me?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft