Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• jwjanse 13 posts 33 karma points
    Feb 25, 2010 @ 13:36
    jwjanse

Umbraco "sales" demo?

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place for this post, but here we go anyway: I work for a large systems integrator in their Portals division. We are using mainly Vignette and Tridion for CMS implementations, and some Documentum for document management implementations. Now I have been playing around for some days with Umbraco v4 and I really like what I have seen so far. I imagine that, for organizations which cannot pay the big license fees associated with the Tridion/Vignette installations, the free or even PRO version of Umbraco might be interesting.

Now my question is this: when we demo a CMS/ECM to a prospect, we normally use some "salesdemo" of the software, with which we are able to show all the capabilities of the software. Is something similar available for Umbraco, ie in a VMWare image or something?

Thanks,
    Jaco

• jaygreasley 416 posts 403 karma points
    Feb 25, 2010 @ 14:30
    jaygreasley

Hi there,

Not to my knowledge (licencing of Windows Server for a start). Also, because Umbraco is so flexible you would need to customise (imho) the install for the individual pitch.

And luckily the web pi makes it a breeze to set up a local system.

Having said that, for a generic demo system you could use the web pi to install sql, iis and umbraco in a vmware image. thensnapshot it. then create a couple of builds, one based on the excellent CWS package, one with Runway.

hth

j

• jwjanse 13 posts 33 karma points
    Feb 25, 2010 @ 18:31
    jwjanse

Jay, the CWS is a great start, I didn't know it existed until you mentioned it. Thanks a lot!

• jaygreasley 416 posts 403 karma points
    Feb 26, 2010 @ 17:43
    jaygreasley

cool, my pleasure.. :-)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft