Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Poornima Nayar 106 posts 276 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Feb 05, 2016 @ 10:20
    Poornima Nayar

Cannot see umbraco.config

Hi,

I am using v7.3.4 of Umbraco and I cannot see the umbraco.config file in my App_data folder. My web.config contains the following

<add key="umbracoContentXMLUseLocalTemp" value="false" />
    <add key="umbracoContentXML" value="~/App_Data/TEMP/umbraco.config" />
    <add key="umbracoDebugMode" value="true" />

Any help much appreciated.

Poornima

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 05, 2016 @ 10:25
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Poornima

Is this a fresh install of Umbraco? Or has it been working and now suddenly disappeared?

Perhaps it's a good idea to double check that permissions have been setup properly so Umbraco is allowed to write and update the umbraco.config file when content is published?

Is it happening locally or on a live site? If on a live site then how is that site hosted?

/Jan

• Bijesh Tank 192 posts 420 karma points
    Feb 05, 2016 @ 10:27
    Bijesh Tank

Hey Poornima,

Check your umbracoSettings.config (in config folder) and make sure that XmlCacheEnabled is not set to false. By default this should be set to true.

<XmlCacheEnabled>false</XmlCacheEnabled>

/B.

• Bijesh Tank 192 posts 420 karma points
    Feb 05, 2016 @ 10:30
    Bijesh Tank

By the way, is this version on Umbraco you are working on been upgraded? As those keys don't exist on my version, using 7.3.3.

I believe they may not be used anymore but I may be mistaken. They may have left in during an upgrade.

/B.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 05, 2016 @ 10:58
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Bijesh

They're not removed - But most defaults are just not visible in the config file - I newer versions of Umbraco a comment is added to the top of the umbracoSettings.config file explaining this - One can see the different options at http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/using-umbraco/config-files/umbracoSettings/

That can sometimes be a bit confusing though if it's been a while since one has been working with Umbraco :)

/Jan

• Poornima Nayar 106 posts 276 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Feb 05, 2016 @ 10:47
    Poornima Nayar

Bij,

Your first comment solved the issue. This is a fresh install and I added that keys myself. I figured out that having the XmlCache Enabled to true puts the umbraco.config in App_Data folder but you can control the location using the appsetting umbracoContentXML

Poornima

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft