Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Peter Bailey 1 post 21 karma points
    Mar 22, 2010 @ 16:52
    Peter Bailey

Umbraco seems to 'unpublish' at random

Hey, I'm currently using Umbraco and sometimes I get the under construction page which indicates that there are no published items in Umbraco. However, when I go to the Umbraco admin system the nodes all show as published. If I right-click on the root node, and click publish and check the checkboxes to publish all subpages, and then go back to the main site it works again. However, after a while it will again show the under construction page. I've not been able to isolate any reason for it, or what triggers it. Any ideas?

The site is running in an environment where there are multiple load-balanced front-end servers using a single back-end database. I'm not certain if it's related to the fact there are multiple servers, as I've seen it happen once on my local machine too.

The site was created by pushing up the code and SQL database from a development server.

I'm running IIS 7, SQL 2005, Umbraco 4.0.2.1. I've turned <XmlCacheEnabled>False</XmlCacheEnabled> in the config file.

Thanks,

Peter.

• Tony Kiernan 278 posts 341 karma points
    Jan 21, 2011 @ 17:55
    Tony Kiernan

Anyone ever suss this out?  Experiencing the same.  Also, not keeping changes to sites.  It's as if there's a cached version of the xml superceding the newest

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jan 21, 2011 @ 18:12
    Ismail Mayat

Guys,

I have come across this before it has always been due to permissions.  Please ensure networks service has read write permissions that propagate down.

Regards

Ismail

• Brendan Rice 537 posts 1098 karma points
    Jan 21, 2011 @ 18:40
    Brendan Rice

You can create a batch file from this article and run it from the website root to set the proper permissions:

http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/install-and-setup/set-umbraco-folder-permissions-from-command-line

Jan 24, 2011 @ 18:12
    Tony Kiernan

Seem to have lost my reply to this. Might have fixed the unpublishing of new pages.  But, I'm still randomly seeing old (ie now updated) content on a refreshing a page

Edit: So adding the three extra lines in the original blog comments that post refers to.  And, running for NETWORK SERVICE as well as the app pool. Fingers crossed

Jan 26, 2011 @ 17:57
    Tony Kiernan

And, it's still occuring.

Have given NETWORK SERVICE and the app pool full control over the directory and created an new umbraco.confg file.  Fingers crossed this makes a difference.

• Brice 11 posts 70 karma points
    Feb 12, 2015 @ 22:36
    Brice

Did you ever resolve this? 

I am running 4.11.5 and we are having random issues with nodes becoming "unpublished" or wiping out existing content resulting in a blank document (ie: the node is still there, but all the content is gone!)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft