Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Daniel Horn 319 posts 344 karma points
    Mar 29, 2010 @ 18:21
    Daniel Horn

Keep getting logged out in IE, Safari, Chrome but not FF

Hi,

I have a few Umbraco sites running on my server - but i'm getting logged out when using everything else than Firefox when using umbraco.

I'm able to log in and after 10-15 sec's i'm being automatically logged out again.

How can that be and how do i fix it? :(

It's a win 2008 server using MSSQL database and umbraco 4.0.3

Mar 29, 2010 @ 18:25
    Daniel Horn

btw is running on integrated app pool and .net version 2.0.50727

• Jesper Hauge 298 posts 487 karma points c-trib
    Mar 29, 2010 @ 18:40
    Jesper Hauge

I had a problem looking much like this: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/ourumb-dev-forum/bugs/6736-Backend-login-lost-every-30-secs 

In my case it was caused by a server clock that was almost exactly 24 hours off, which caused the login cookie to expire almost immedialely. This expiry time was honored by all browsers except Firefox. So I'd recommend checking the clock on the server, and the login cookie delivered by the server. Since it seems Firefox is the only browser of the bunch not handling cookies according to standards.

Regards
    Jesper Hauge

Mar 29, 2010 @ 18:44
    Daniel Horn

Damn ! - it was 24 hours off - thanks Jesper.

I would never have guessed on that.

Lots of karma from me! :-)

• Danveer 5 posts 25 karma points
    Jan 13, 2011 @ 18:43
    Danveer

I would never have guessed this either !!!! Changing the server clock to the correct time fixed my problem !

This fixed my issue with logging into umbraco with IE and Chrome, as i discovered that my server clock was 4 months out.

This post seriously saved days and weeks of time, as i was so close to upgrading from 4.5.2 to 4.6 to see if this was fixed.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft