Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sorin Botezatu 6 posts 26 karma points
    Mar 30, 2010 @ 22:55
    Sorin Botezatu

Server Error in '/<MySubFolder>' Application.

Hello,

I am new to Umbraco and I am sure this is an old issue but I spend already too much time on this:

I have an application in a subfolder under Umbraco web application root folder.

I am trying to reach that application like this: http://www.mywebsite.com/mysubfolder

I disable the umbraco httpModules,

<httpModules>
    <remove name="UrlRewriteModule"/>
    </httpModules>

but I am still getting the following error<>

PS:Umbraco 4
    Asp.net 3.5
    Windows Professional 7  64 bit

Thank you very much for you time

=== ERROR ============================================================================================== =================

Could not load file or assembly 'UrlRewritingNet.UrlRewriter' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'UrlRewritingNet.UrlRewriter' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. 

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'UrlRewritingNet.UrlRewriter' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Stack Trace:

[FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'UrlRewritingNet.UrlRewriter' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.]
       System.RuntimeTypeHandle._GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean loadTypeFromPartialName) +0
       System.RuntimeTypeHandle.GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +62
       System.RuntimeType.PrivateGetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +42
       System.Type.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase) +77
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase) +105
       System.Web.Configuration.ConfigUtil.GetType(String typeName, String propertyName, ConfigurationElement configElement, XmlNode node, Boolean checkAptcaBit, Boolean ignoreCase) +64

[ConfigurationErrorsException: Could not load file or assembly 'UrlRewritingNet.UrlRewriter' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.]
       System.Web.Configuration.ConfigUtil.GetType(String typeName, String propertyName, ConfigurationElement configElement, XmlNode node, Boolean checkAptcaBit, Boolean ignoreCase) +11172141
       System.Web.Configuration.Common.ModulesEntry..ctor(String name, String typeName, String propertyName, ConfigurationElement configElement) +78
       System.Web.HttpApplication.BuildIntegratedModuleCollection(List`1 moduleList) +194
       System.Web.HttpApplication.GetModuleCollection(IntPtr appContext) +1891
       System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +166
       System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +336
       System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +350
       System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +382

[HttpException (0x80004005): Could not load file or assembly 'UrlRewritingNet.UrlRewriter' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.]
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +11301302
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +88
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +4338644

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4927; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4927

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    Mar 30, 2010 @ 23:38
    Aaron Powell

Don't use virtual directories, add your folder to the appSettings key umbracoReservedPaths. This will cause Umbraco to ignore it.

Mar 31, 2010 @ 17:47
    Sorin Botezatu

Hi Slace,

Thank you for your input.
    Now I am getting this:

Server Error in '/' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Configuration Error
    Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 76:             ASP.NET to identify an incoming user.
    Line 77:         -->
    Line 78:   <authentication mode="None" />
    Line 79:   <!--
    Line 80:             The <customErrors> section enables configuration

• Simon Dingley 1474 posts 3431 karma points c-trib
    Mar 31, 2010 @ 20:38
    Simon Dingley

I think that error is caused by the web.config file you most likely have in the subfolder containing your application, try moving the settings you need to keep into the web.config file in the root of the site. As slace mentioned, also make sure you are not running it in a virtual directory and add the folder name to the list of umbracoReservedPaths in the root web.config for umbraco.

Apr 01, 2010 @ 17:16
    Sorin Botezatu

Thank you. I have tried a couple of things with no success.

I ended up moving the application outside of the Umbraco root folder and I redirect the user with a simple classic asp page situated in the subfolder I created.

I managed to do that modifying the  URLRewriting.config file from the config folder like this:

<add name="RedirectionToGetForm"
              virtualUrl="^~/<Subfolder>"
              rewriteUrlParameter="ExcludeFromClientQueryString"
              destinationUrl="~/<Subfolder>/default.asp"
              ignoreCase="true" />

I have no ideea if this is the right aproach but it serves my purpose. 

Thank you

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft