Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tristan 16 posts 36 karma points
    Apr 20, 2010 @ 12:46
    Tristan

General advice about implementation

Not sure if this is the right section. Basically, we have a legacy website developed as flat HTML pages (circa 100 pages) and we've taken it over from a different company on behalf of a client. We have a project about to start, to create a new microsite of approx 50 pages that will sit as a subdirectory of the main site (e.g. www.company.com/microsite). I'm quite keen to do this microsite in Umbraco, however, long term we would like to redevelop the full site in Umbraco.

My question is, if we were to develop the microsite in Umbraco, how difficult would it be to scale that up in future to incorporate the parent site? Would we be better off building the microsite without a CMS, with a view to redeveloping the whole lot in Umbraco later on when that project is ready to start.

Your opinions would be much appreciated!

thanks
    Tristan

• Steen Tøttrup 191 posts 291 karma points c-trib
    Apr 20, 2010 @ 14:14
    Steen Tøttrup

I'm pretty sure Umbraco can't run as a Virtual Directory on the web server, which is what I suspect you need to implement it as a microsite" as you call it.

If you could run your microsite off microsite.domain.com instead of www.domain.com/microsite I would say go for it.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft